divine

Sheds/ Man - caves?

Feed the inner hippy in you....

Sheds/ Man - caves?

Postby English » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Well as we enter into 2014 the possibility of a new perhaps bit bigger garden shed than the existing one comes to mind.

The existing one is down the garden like many people traditionally have but I find myself thinking apart from the fact its a bit rotten in places and will ultimately need replacing (when the exsisting one falls down due to 50+ years old) that an upgrade would be in order?

I started thinking about a concrete garage that would just be a bit bigger and to have it in the same location if you imagine coming in on the road bottom left side of the garden.

then I started to think If if did that - I could have a pit and actually use it for a garage with a work bench at the back with space for the lawn mower and gardening junk?

Then my mind ran riot why not have a wooden shed that is built to suit in a L shape so car and pit in the existing space + a shed/mancave/workshop in the extended "L"part.

Then I started thinking you could run electric down there, put in a a small beer fridge and extend a small sun shade/veranda/decking.

Then I thought this is getting to ambitious and too expensive - however you get the general idea - your thoughts guys + anyone know of any place on line for free plans etc?
If it has a trigger I'm gonna enjoy it!

Look - an eagle!

http://www.ukgunworks.co.uk/
English
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Sheds/ Man - caves?

Postby humperdingle » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:21 pm

You can get some very nice prefabricated sheds/buildings, which look like log cabins but are made with plastics and filled with foam, so are insulated.

I've just taken over the loft as 'my' space, for leatherworking, gun cleaning etc.

Tricky to get the motor up there, though :grin:
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Tommo » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:45 pm

I have to consider myself extremely fortunate that, living in a vicarage, you get what's on offer. Currently we occupy a 1809's SIX bedroomed detached vicarage..!! Now I have my 'man cave', one of the bedrooms but there is also provision for a drop dead gorgeous shed too. It's actually brick built with a slate roof, waterproof and dry inside and split in to two sections. I put our old fridge freezer in one side and the other has had a workbench fitted.

090.JPG

091.JPG

092.JPG

094.JPG

Almost everything you could want contained in a single room.... :grin: :thup: :grin:
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth...

NRA qualified RCO.. and all-round good egg :)
Tommo
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Ageing Manxman. Formerly of Southport, now back home in the Isle of Man

Postby Sidebyside » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:56 pm

These will give you some sort of choice :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=man+s ... CAkQ_AUoAQ
Guns have only two enemies; Rust and Politicians
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:46 am

whatever you do/build it will never be big enough ;)
my integral garage is my "man cave" and there`s that much shooting related stuff,hides,decoys,clay traps,a wheeled steel cabinet that holds 5000 cartridges,on top of that a brittool roll cabinet full of spanners,sockets etc,hand tools,drills and grinders,a welder,workbench with the gun vice and gun maintenance stuff blah,blah,blah
any way you get the idea IT`S NOT BIG ENOUGH :Facepalm: :Facepalm:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby hungryrob » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:19 am

I've got three.. One huge garage which would fit 4 or 5 cars,which has an attic the same size, two stables on each end, a garage up at the caravan and I've just built a lean to onto that one to create more space.. Oh, and a woodshed and greenhouse.

They're all full! :(
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby English » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:57 pm

Some interesting stuff coming through but the overwhelming thought is that it wont create enough space (after all some of it is just about replacing / renewing a shed that is there but through age is past its best)!

Buffy - truly impressed by your 5000 cartridge safe? :shock: I don't think I have ever bought more than a slab of 250 at a time except when some friends pitched in and we bought a 1000 lot between us! Perhaps that why I'm no much use with a shotgun :shock:

Keep em coming guys"
If it has a trigger I'm gonna enjoy it!

Look - an eagle!

http://www.ukgunworks.co.uk/
English
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:55 pm

English wrote:Some interesting stuff coming through but the overwhelming thought is that it wont create enough space (after all some of it is just about replacing / renewing a shed that is there but through age is past its best)!

Buffy - truly impressed by your 5000 cartridge safe? :shock: I don't think I have ever bought more than a slab of 250 at a time except when some friends pitched in and we bought a 1000 lot between us! Perhaps that why I'm no much use with a shotgun :shock:

Keep em coming guys"

I buy 2 to 3 thousand clay carts at a time plus the pigeon,game and wildfowl stuff you I need somewhere to keep the things :grin: :grin:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:55 pm

I need a serious man cave. My wife has the house storage space locked up with her stuff and she considers my stuff as only in the way. :( :( :( :( :(
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby humperdingle » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:05 pm

English wrote:

Keep em coming guys"

Might be a sound financial investment, given the doubling in prices over the past few years :hmm:

Buy a pallet of carts, sell them in 5 years :grin:
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Ray7756 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:45 pm

If you are building it big enough for a garage + extra space for man shed you might need planning permission, if not just need a concrete base then 4 walls, go online to companies that sell roof trusses give them the sizes and ask for a quote, the normally send drawings with the quote, scrub round the quote and build them yourself from their plans :thup: :thup: thats what i done with my 8x8 mt garage,,,,,, saved a fortune ;) :grin:
Ray7756
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Hornet 6 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:15 pm

flintlok wrote:I need a serious man cave. My wife has the house storage space locked up with her stuff and she considers my stuff as only in the way. :( :( :( :( :(

You could always tell her that you considered her stuff as a waste of space, and that you have given it away to the local charity shop :roll:
That should give you a completely empty house :lol:

Neil. :)
Hornet 6
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby gun nut » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:04 am

Hornet 6 wrote:
flintlok wrote:I need a serious man cave. My wife has the house storage space locked up with her stuff and she considers my stuff as only in the way. :( :( :( :( :(

You could always tell her that you considered her stuff as a waste of space, and that you have given it away to the local charity shop :roll:
That should give you a completely empty house :lol:

Neil. :)

And a black eye! ;) :lol:
I have two reasonable size workshops and three sheds - they are all full to bursting point and I have just seen another lathe I fancy! I blame the other half as I had room until she started dumping her horse tack in one of my sheds! :mad:
A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range. - Paul Kirchner
A few acorns up the arse'd do 'em the world of good. It might even make them walk upright for a change. - Linegeist
gun nut
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby leadpig » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:28 pm

humperdingle wrote:
English wrote:

Keep em coming guys"

Might be a sound financial investment, given the doubling in prices over the past few years :hmm:

i buy mine at the end of the game season,£3/4 a box for various fibre wads no.5/6 i took everything he had left last year :grin:
as you say they are never going to go down in value ;) :thup:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby humperdingle » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:50 pm

leadpig wrote:
humperdingle wrote:
English wrote:

Keep em coming guys"

i buy mine at the end of the game season,£3/4 a box for various fibre wads no.5/6 i took everything he had left last year :grin:
as you say they are never going to go down in value ;) :thup:

Bought 1000 clay loads today for £165... £97 last time I bought a thousand :shock:
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Next

Return to Grow your own / smallholding / the good life / alternative fuels / etc