Re: Dante

Postby ralphgoodbody » Wed May 16, 2012 7:50 am

EDITED

ralphgoodbody
Banned
Banned

Postby mathspete » Wed May 16, 2012 8:07 am

I see our old friends the triumvirate of Ton, Jim and Ralph are back and wishing bad luck, evil deeds and slow deaths on the law abiding members of this forum :thdn: . Despite the differences in opinion about shooting sports, I cannot recall a single member on here who has ever wished any bodily harm or threats of death on any of the treehugger gang, which probably goes to show why we are trusted with firearms and those muppets are not :thup: .

Now to return to the original topic, that is a great looking pup you have there and I hope he and you have many hours of happy companionship out in the fields. These idiots do not know what they are talking about, if dogs did not enjoy going out shooting why is it that both mine go ballistic the second I go unlock the cabinet and are camping by the door ready, willing and able to go out. They absolutely adore being out with me, scenting and flushing game, or retrieving :grin: .
BSA Super meteor and tornado gas ram
AA S410 TDR, Weirauch 100, Rapid 12 FAC, 5 shotguns
Anschutz 1517 &1417, Ruger 10-22 22LR
CZ 550 22-250, CZ 452 17HMR
Sako L61 270, CZ 527 .204
Lee Enfield No 4, Mauser 7.92
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby nathanhutchison » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:20 pm

UPDATE ON DAN(TE)

I got told to go along the road to shoot some ferals with Phill and Robin and due to the o/h being at work I had to take the dogs.
When I arrived at the farm there were already a few pigeons on the ground (amazing considering who was behind the shotties), so after letting Dan out for a pee we decided to see if he could sniff-out the ferals that were dead in the crop.

Not only did Dan sniff out the dead bird but he also picked it up (albeit by the head) and brought it back to me and with the word "drop" released it into my hand :shock: :grin:

So at 11 weeks old Dan has had a quick go at cold game and has proven that he has his ancestors natural abillity and willingness to work.
I will continue playing fetch with him, with a ball/mini dummy, and hope that this strengthens his desire to retreive!

He has also started pointing regurarly(sp) and is showing a natural ability to stalk i.e he will sneak up on my older dog by crouching low as he walks and testing the ground before him with a gentle step before putting his weight on it!!!

BRING ON THE 6 MONTH MARK
watch this space

Timothy 2:12
nathanhutchison
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby plugg » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:34 pm

nathanhutchison wrote:UPDATE ON DAN(TE)

I got told to go along the road to shoot some ferals with Phill and Robin and due to the o/h being at work I had to take the dogs.
When I arrived at the farm there were already a few pigeons on the ground (amazing considering who was behind the shotties)

Cheeky c@nt!! :mad: :kill:

:grin:
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby nathanhutchison » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:36 pm

;) just kidding, we were all on top form today :thup:
watch this space

nathanhutchison
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby plugg » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:43 pm

nathanhutchison wrote:;) just kidding, we were all on top form today :thup:

I was on top form today :razz: Nearly as good today as I am at shooting fox ;)
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Fenrir » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 pm

plugg wrote:

When I arrived at the farm there were already a few pigeons on the ground (amazing considering who was behind the shotties)

They probably died laughing.
For the avoidance of doubt, there is no such thing as "American English". There is the English language and there are mistakes.
Fenrir
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Fenrir wrote:
plugg wrote:

They probably died laughing.

Or scared to death possibly ;)
In any event, I caused most feral deaths :grin:
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby ski » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:49 am

Niice dogs!

I looked up the breed (Spinone) on on of our dog websites. "Animal Planet Dogs 101" is a favorite cable t.v. show of mine.

"101" had nothing but praise for the little guy.

Good choice for a gundog!!

:thup: :thup:

ski
"Americans! Over paid, over sexed and over here!" Fowler RAF

U.S. Navy---- "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who would threaten it."

Christians aren't better, just Forgiven.
ski
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby nathanhutchison » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:04 pm

UPDATE

Dan is very quickly growing into a monster! At almost 18 weeks he is already the size of a springer spaniel with paws bigger than my older dog (adult labx rhodesian ridgeback) He is regularly pointing both on sight and scent, shows amazing stealth, for such a large/ clumsy pup, whilst hunting my other dog. He is totally fearless to the extent that he will throw himself into playing with gigantic adult alsations and rottys (even if he has never met them before) and is unphased(sp?) by people, traffic, farm machinery and guns!

He Also retrieves cold and warm feathered pests of all sizes (a bit early to have him on this but I'm sure no harm will come of him getting short exposures every couple of weeks) and has also retrieved a live racing pigeon without damaging a single feather!

And to top it all of he has mastered all of his basic obedience so far (sit, stay, lie down, heal on and off lead, drop, leave, recall etc)

From my experience so far, I cant recomend the spinone bread enough for people looking for a top quality all round shooting dog and companian (have to be willing to research and maybe pay top dollar though)

*hint* Any pup with a pedigree with brody del podere antico at wynset in it (known as a brody baby) is a dead cert

watch this space

nathanhutchison
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby flintlok » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:08 pm

Nice puppy!!!!! :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby sniper2011 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:33 pm

very nice pup mate :-)
AA/CZ S200 .177
AA TX200 .22
HW99s .22
Multiple HW45s
Webley Blackhawk XS .177
Webley Stingray XS .22
Co2 pistols

And now a Edgar brothers striker 1000 .22
sniper2011
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby nathanhutchison » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:03 am

Thats dan a year old last week. Hes coming on fine training wise... I havn't had him near as much shooting as I would have liked recently, but that can be sorted.

He retreives his dummy to hand everytime, from cover, open ground, water and he'll retreive multiple dummies in one go (someone told me this was bad ettiquete, but I'm not really bothered as hes only for use when shooting solo or with friends) He can carry 2 full sized dummies and a tennis ball, all at the same time!

Hes a very strong and confident swimmer (had him jumping into celardyke harbour the other day, in the snow and wind!) He has performed water retreives out to about 75 yards and has picked stuff of the bottom in water that was up to his withers!

His pointing, stalking is coming on great, he'll stalk into sitting birds until he senses that hes just on the edge of lifting them and he waits for my signal to lift them, he then either stands still or sits once the birds are up.... His nose is his best attribute, he easily picks up trails that we have tried out with lambs liver and sausage and he sniffs thing out that my older dog doesn't even notice!

He has also turned into a great pet! More character than I've ever seen in a working dog, going from mad and uterly stupid one minute to very calm and considered the next... He is also very human in his expressions! sometimes you feel like hes not a dog!

I'll get pictures up soon (got a few of him pointing somewhere)
watch this space

nathanhutchison
Rifleman
Rifleman

Previous

Return to Working Dogs