Switch to full style
All kinds of fishing up for discussion in this section
Write comments

Week away in UK

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:37 pm

Looking for recommendations for a weeks coarse fishing with digs. Preferably within 150 miles of Manchester :)

Re: Week away in UK

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:52 pm

What date (about) Nick?

You can stay at mine there a pond up the lane £50/night :grin: :grin:

Seriously though what course species you chasing, variety, normal or specimen!

Dave

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:56 pm

My mate likes carp fishing-I don't. Just want a week away fishing/sorting gear before my annual trip to Ireland :grin:

Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:13 am

why not forget the fishing and come golfing to Portugal with us two weeks this sunday :thup: :idea:
it'll be a lot warmer and and probably cheaper :grin: :razz:

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:57 am

Buffy Vampire Slayer wrote:why not forget the fishing and come golfing to Portugal with us two weeks this sunday :thup: :idea:
it'll be a lot warmer and and probably cheaper :grin: :razz:

Wash your keyboard out with soap and water Buffy! We can't tolerate that sort of bad language on a shooting forum! :grin: ;)

Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:25 pm

When do you want this week fishing and what sort of accommadation are you looking for? We must have about 20 to 30 fishing complexes near us, all of which do day tickets and I could find you some cheap B'n'B nearby :thup: . Differeent venue to fish every day, and several nice pubs to visit every night :thup: :thup: . What are you after at this time of year? Pike?

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Cabin near water-silvers/carp. Just after a bit of a catch up with an old mate that not seen for years.

I spend a bit of time on Loch Ken :thup:

Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 am

Why not come up to God's own country (Scotland), hire a cruise boat on the Caledonian Canal, that's the accommodation sorted, and then you can fish for free in the canal, loch Ness & Loch Lochy; if you also hire a pushbike, you can moor the boat virtually anywhere, get on your bike and fish in dozens of hill lochs & rivers. Most trout fishing is free. (Just like Prescriptions and bus passes for the over 60's!) :hmm: :grin:
Write comments