Switch to full style
All kinds of fishing up for discussion in this section
Write comments

A good day on the Dee today

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Had a great days fishing on the Commonty beat of the Dee today. The river levels were lower than expected after all the recent rain and no fresh fish were seen that far up.
Still, I managed to get one coloured grilse of a measured 8lb.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/YIUiYE4_zb4[/youtube]

Looking forward to the next day in a few weeks time :)

Kev.

Re: A good day on the Dee today

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Well done, good fish, I'm so jealous, having that glorious river and scenery on your doorstep :thup: :thup: :grin: . Was it a keeper or returned to fight again?

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:54 pm

mathspete wrote:Well done, good fish, I'm so jealous, having that glorious river and scenery on your doorstep :thup: :thup: :grin: . Was it a keeper or returned to fight again?

Well, the Dee is 20 miles away - over this hill range (panorama pic which will need to be clicked to see and it may still look small without zooming in):
IMG_0648.JPG
....but the less impressive Bervie river is quite literally on the doorstep depending on the water level :D
All Dee fish must be returned. This is a good thing - nice to know there will still be fishing for future generations :thup:

Kev.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:56 am

Wow that looks like a lovely spot!
I managed to get out for a couple of hours on the weekend and managed to land half a dozen or so brownies.
Just wish I had time to get a few nights in on the sewin.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:24 am

Braw photos Kev, bit of a pisser having to put the fish back though I think. Well done nonetheless :thup:

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:40 am

Could you not of just took 'half' the fish and put the other half back! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Or does it not work like that :Facepalm:

(Dad was a mad fly-fisherman :thup: )

Dave

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:36 pm

nice views up there beerhunter
Write comments