Switch to full style
All kinds of fishing up for discussion in this section
Write comments

Re: Fishing pics

Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:43 am

rogerhoad wrote:
sidebyside wrote:My daughter got this when she was in Iceland on Tuesday
bruise.jpg
:grin: :grin: :grin:


That's strange my wife caught it's twin in Morrisons

They are obviously becoming more common :grin: :grin: :grin:

Re: Fishing pics

Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:45 pm

David wrote:This is the result of my last sea angling trip from the beach here. I am going to stick to the wee broon troots after the fight this bugger put up :shock:
Whale at Reay.jpg

Bet you was singing that Vera Lynn Song "Whale Meat Again " :grin: :grin: :grin:

Re: Fishing pics

Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Here's the best fish I've ever caught. 38Lb female pike from a gravel pit in East Anglia. Funny thing is, after catching this I seem to have lost the urge to fish! Suppose I feel that I can never repeat it.

Oh well, back to the shooting.

Mel
Attachments
Pike.jpg
38 Lb Bluebell Lakes copy.jpg

Re: Fishing pics

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:33 pm

That is a huge Pike, I havent been able to break the 30lbs barrier yet, came close at 27lbs, weighed a 36lber for my mate

Did winkle out some catfish from the ebro!!!!




melg4yng wrote:Here's the best fish I've ever caught. 38Lb female pike from a gravel pit in East Anglia. Funny thing is, after catching this I seem to have lost the urge to fish! Suppose I feel that I can never repeat it.

Oh well, back to the shooting.

Mel
Attachments
john catfish.jpg
john catfish.jpg (15.45 KiB) Viewed 5998 times

Re: Fishing pics

Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:07 am

Image
One of the better fish that I've actually got a photo of.

Re: Fishing pics

Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:44 am

Sam Vimes wrote:Image
One of the better fish that I've actually got a photo of.

Hey Chris you been at my pond again ;) :grin: :grin:

Re: Fishing pics

Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:32 pm

sidebyside wrote:Hey Chris you been at my pond again ;) :grin: :grin:


Well, we never did decide exactly what was lurking in there! ;)

Re: Fishing pics

Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:13 am

johnnytheboy wrote:That is a huge Pike, I havent been able to break the 30lbs barrier yet, came close at 27lbs, weighed a 36lber for my mate

Did winkle out some catfish from the ebro!!!!




melg4yng wrote:Here's the best fish I've ever caught. 38Lb female pike from a gravel pit in East Anglia. Funny thing is, after catching this I seem to have lost the urge to fish! Suppose I feel that I can never repeat it.

Oh well, back to the shooting.

Mel

looks like upper ebro above caspe?

Re: Fishing pics

Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Does the background give it away?

Is the river cleaner up there :grin: :grin: :grin:

It is indead, we had 5.5metric tons of catfish in 6 days, it was at that point in time the biggest haul from the river, I believe it has been well shattered now, but the fishing was great, as was sitting in the sun chilling out

Re: Fishing pics

Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:44 am

Didnt see the fish pics section till now. Here you go, hope you like them :thup:

Image
18lb tope.

Image
14lb smoothound

Image
15lb 4oz Spurdog

Image
cant remeber the weights.

Image
10lb cod

Re: Fishing pics

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:37 pm

Nice fish mate :thup:

Re: Fishing pics

Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:47 am

Nightshift on the Rigs can be tough sometimes.................

Image

Image

Re: Fishing pics

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:55 pm

:shock: :cry: :mad: You lucky so and so,where was the rig and what did you catch it on and how did you land it?

Shaun.

Re: Fishing pics

Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Rig is just off Cote d'Ivoire, 4 degrees north. caught with 60# handline on homemade stainless steel jig, landed with the help of a made on board grappling gaff on a rope and lots of sweat (carabiner clip onto your fishing line, run it down, quick snatch and bobs your auntie!). Those boiler suits have not been in the water or rain, that's SWEAT.

Re: Fishing pics

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:15 pm

Hope the chef made an excellent meal for you and others.Really envious but pleased for you for what must have be an experience of a lifetime. ;) :thup:

Shaun.
Write comments