divine

Shoot forum (where are we going wrong)?

Anything goes - within reason.

Re: Shoot forum (where are we going wrong)?

Postby Sidebyside » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:03 pm

Deallad wrote:How about sending a link to all the dealers, maybe if peoples are looking on other gun related sites it might encourage more to look here.

I am sure that the dealers would like to get free advertising too and exposure to more buyers.

Perhaps some new dedicated topics, black powder, rimfire, centrefire, ammo, newbie help, you get the idea, maybe even a chat server that you can use real time.

How about arranging a postal league between members one target a fortnight, members would need to buy stickers to attach to the rear of the targets with results posted on the forum.

Well there is a few ideas.

Mike

That has been tried before with little response from the dealers :(
Guns have only two enemies; Rust and Politicians
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby hungryrob » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Unfortunately, at the minute both Kev and I are up to our eyeballs and can do no more. Anyone who feel they can organise stuff for the members or do anything to take the forum forward should feel free. It is a 'members owned' forum. We would welcome those who wish to take a more direct role in managing it.

Regards

Robbie
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby Coldfinger » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:50 am

Deallad wrote:members would need to buy stickers to attach to the rear of the targets with results posted on the forum.

A3 stickers in dayglo colours for SBS
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Sidebyside » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:50 am

Coldfinger wrote:
Deallad wrote:members would need to buy stickers to attach to the rear of the targets with results posted on the forum.

A3 stickers in dayglo colours for SBS

:thup: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Bob Roberts » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Last edited by Bob Roberts on Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation.

Let him who would move the world,
first move himself
-Socrates
Bob Roberts
Hunter
Hunter

Postby GHE » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:19 pm

hungryrob wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Unfortunately, at the minute both Kev and I are up to our eyeballs and can do no more. Anyone who feel they can organise stuff for the members or do anything to take the forum forward should feel free. It is a 'members owned' forum. We would welcome those who wish to take a more direct role in managing it.

Regards

Robbie

Sorry, but that's a cop out. Whilst it must be a good idea to involve more forum members in the running of the forum, it's really the job of the admin to bring about change and improvement.
God is not on the side of the big batallions, but on the side of those who shoot best - Voltaire
GHE
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Ray7756 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:59 pm

GHE, I can assure you that the "Admin" for this site run everything in their own time and at their own expense, apart from the small amount of contributions that is received from the members here
if there is any COP OUT it is by the members here, myself included, for not getting more involved in the running of the site, a lot of us have jobs offshore like myself which make it awkward but not impossible to get more involved, and others have family commitments which limit their free time, but please remember that the Admin also have family commitments which limit their free time, so instead of taking a POP at the people who are doing all the work, FOR NOTHING, step up and help out a bit, as requested

you will note that i am neither Admin or a moderator, but i appreciate the work that these guys put into this site

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Ray7756
Hunter
Hunter

Postby flintlok » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:07 pm

GHE wrote:
hungryrob wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Unfortunately, at the minute both Kev and I are up to our eyeballs and can do no more. Anyone who feel they can organise stuff for the members or do anything to take the forum forward should feel free. It is a 'members owned' forum. We would welcome those who wish to take a more direct role in managing it.

Regards

Robbie

Sorry, but that's a cop out. Whilst it must be a good idea to involve more forum members in the running of the forum, it's really the job of the admin to bring about change and improvement.

Yeah, all two of them and they should build a house for me and be in bonded servitude to SidebySide while they are at it. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Please, given the time and the expense I believe that they are doing a great job. :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby GHE » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Ray7756 wrote:GHE, I can assure you that the "Admin" for this site run everything in their own time and at their own expense, apart from the small amount of contributions that is received from the members here
if there is any COP OUT it is by the members here, myself included, for not getting more involved in the running of the site, a lot of us have jobs offshore like myself which make it awkward but not impossible to get more involved, and others have family commitments which limit their free time, but please remember that the Admin also have family commitments which limit their free time, so instead of taking a POP at the people who are doing all the work, FOR NOTHING, step up and help out a bit, as requested

you will note that i am neither Admin or a moderator, but i appreciate the work that these guys put into this site

I'm not having a pop at anyone, I used to run a forum myself, and have also been an admin on a massive site, so I know exactly how hard it can be, especially when it's all for free.
The point I was trying to make (perhaps badly) is that the Admin need to make, and act on decisions - things only happen we we make them happen, and relying on members, who often won't push themselves forward, very rarely works.

And capital expenditure, for example buying a better software package, can only be done by the Admins.
God is not on the side of the big batallions, but on the side of those who shoot best - Voltaire
GHE
Hunter
Hunter

Postby flintlok » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:23 pm

GHE wrote:
Ray7756 wrote:GHE, I can assure you that the "Admin" for this site run everything in their own time and at their own expense, apart from the small amount of contributions that is received from the members here

I'm not having a pop at anyone, I used to run a forum myself, and have also been an admin on a massive site, so I know exactly how hard it can be, especially when it's all for free.
The point I was trying to make (perhaps badly) is that the Admin need to make, and act on decisions - things only happen we we make them happen, and relying on members, who often won't push themselves forward, very rarely works.

And capital expenditure, for example buying a better software package, can only be done by the Admins.

Note that the Admins recently upgraded the software within the last few months at no mean expense.

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby gun nut » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:28 am

The admin do a great job in my opinion. At the end of the day this is a shooting site run by shooters, for shooters. The forum has been running fine and we can't blame any running problems for the recent decline in members getting involved. That is a member problem (me included).
I have a busy job that takes up a lot of time and also two youngish kids and there is no way I could find time to run a forum.
I don't see that there is much more Kev or Robbie could do!
A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range. - Paul Kirchner
A few acorns up the arse'd do 'em the world of good. It might even make them walk upright for a change. - Linegeist
gun nut
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby flintlok » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:20 pm

gun nut wrote: ..................... The forum has been running fine and we can't blame any running problems for the recent decline in members getting involved. That is a member problem .........................

Do you think that it might be SidebySide who...............................................????? ;) ;) ;) ;) :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby gun nut » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:54 pm

flintlok wrote:
gun nut wrote: ..................... The forum has been running fine and we can't blame any running problems for the recent decline in members getting involved. That is a member problem .........................

Do you think that it might be SidebySide who...............................................????? ;) ;) ;) ;) :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Yes! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range. - Paul Kirchner
A few acorns up the arse'd do 'em the world of good. It might even make them walk upright for a change. - Linegeist
gun nut
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby Sidebyside » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:10 pm

gun nut wrote:
flintlok wrote:

Do you think that it might be SidebySide who ;) ;) ;) ;) :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Is such a decent chap :thup: 8-)

Yes! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Previous

Return to General chat