divine

The "Filthy Muslims" thread .....

Anything goes - within reason.

The "Filthy Muslims" thread .....

Postby Cam » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Whilst I thought the title of the thread was extreme, why did it disappear suddenly given it was presented for a couple of days, and there were contributors to said thread?
Cam
Hunter
Hunter

Re: The "Filthy Muslims" thread .....

Postby Les1066 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Cam wrote:Whilst I thought the title of the thread was extreme, why did it disappear suddenly given it was presented for a couple of days, and there were contributors to said thread?

Probably just the nature of the beast. :hmm:
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Hornet 6 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:55 am

Too many replies to it from armchair warriors I would assume.

Neil.
Hornet 6
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:24 pm

It's best to let some folks vent and it's understandable. It's no fun watching your countrymen killed by some lunatic.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Lee G » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:36 pm

I personally think the thread could have been better titled

Or the forums need a politics section that can only be viewed by logged in members
zombie hater
If I got a penny for every target sbs missed, I would be a millionaire :die:
#LeaveEU #VoteLeave
Lee G
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby Cam » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:29 pm

Lee G wrote:I personally think the thread could have been better titled

Or the forums need a politics section that can only be viewed by logged in members

Hi Lee

Sorry, but I have to strongly disagree!

Political discussions should not be hidden away. Free speech is what we Brits are supposed to stand for. The Houses of Parliament are open to the public, so why should any internet forum be any different?

I still want to know why the (albeit inappropriately titled) thread was deleted)

A school mate has told me that there was a discussion on the radio (phone-in) following the Westminster incident, and someone raised the point about the many verses in the Koran that advocate violence towards the Kaffir/Infidel/Unbeliever. A Muslim contributor to the discussion angrily responded saying that these verses have been misinterpreted by us. Unfortunately, my friend had to leave his car before hearing any further discussion.

I want to investigate the context/meaning of the many verses in the Koran that advocate violence towards non-Muslim folk. Have any of you got any knowledge?
Cam
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Les1066 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:57 pm

Cam wrote:Political discussions should not be hidden away. Free speech is what we Brits are supposed to stand for. The Houses of Parliament are open to the public, so why should any internet forum be any different?

I think the big difference between the HoP and the average forum, Cam, is that there is a strict code of conduct in the HoP. Anybody overstepping the mark is usually dealt with fairly severely .... by their standards, anyway. Similarly, it wouldn't take much to have a forum closed down if it was found to be allowing "offensive" material to be displayed, and the various administrators are very conscious of this fact.

Freedom of speech is a myth in this country. Anything that is considered to be "offensive" or demeaning to others etc has not been allowed for more years than I care to remember. Rightly or wrongly, we have been castrated by successive governments to the point where we're liable to be sued - or worse - for anything that somebody takes a dislike to, and the outcome usually depends on the depth of the pockets of the people involved.
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Cam » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:03 am

Les1066 wrote:
Cam wrote:Political discussions should not be hidden away. Free speech is what we Brits are supposed to stand for. The Houses of Parliament are open to the public, so why should any internet forum be any different?

I think the big difference between the HoP and the average forum, Cam, is that there is a strict code of conduct in the HoP. Anybody overstepping the mark is usually dealt with fairly severely .... by their standards, anyway. Similarly, it wouldn't take much to have a forum closed down if it was found to be allowing "offensive" material to be displayed, and the various administrators are very conscious of this fact.

Freedom of speech is a myth in this country. Anything that is considered to be "offensive" or demeaning to others etc has not been allowed for more years than I care to remember. Rightly or wrongly, we have been castrated by successive governments to the point where we're liable to be sued - or worse - for anything that somebody takes a dislike to, and the outcome usually depends on the depth of the pockets of the people involved.

Hi Les

Points taken! :)

Cam
Cam
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Hornet 6 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:38 am

Cam wrote:
Free speech is what we Brits are supposed to stand for. The Houses of Parliament are open to the public, so why should any internet forum be any different?

Get a grip Cam, we are in the eu, and stupidly politically correct speech rules.
Get us out of the EU, and lose all the stupid pedantic crap legislation that have been foisted on us and you may have a point.
We are an EU puppet, and it seems we always will be, brexit or not :mad:

Neil.
Hornet 6
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Cam » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:15 am

Hornet 6 wrote:
Cam wrote:
Free speech is what we Brits are supposed to stand for. The Houses of Parliament are open to the public, so why should any internet forum be any different?

Get a grip Cam, we are in the eu, and stupidly politically correct speech rules.
Get us out of the EU, and lose all the stupid pedantic crap legislation that have been foisted on us and you may have a point.
We are an EU puppet, and it seems we always will be, brexit or not :mad:

Neil.

Hi Neil

I totally agree with you. However, given what is happening, I feel it necessary to ask for answers to some very relevant questions.

Cam
Cam
Hunter
Hunter

Postby hungryrob » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:51 pm

I deleted it to prevent legal action guys.

I can't take the time to monitor the forum these days, but the thread title and OP's comments were verging on religious hatred. Free speech is fine, but there is a better way to make a point than set the forum owners up for litigation. Sorry if this seems harsh, but whilst i don't have enough time to run the forum properly, i definitely don't have time to defend a legal action.

Cheers

Robbie
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby Cam » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:45 pm

hungryrob wrote:I deleted it to prevent legal action guys.

I can't take the time to monitor the forum these days, but the thread title and OP's comments were verging on religious hatred. Free speech is fine, but there is a better way to make a point than set the forum owners up for litigation. Sorry if this seems harsh, but whilst i don't have enough time to run the forum properly, i definitely don't have time to defend a legal action.

Cheers

Robbie

Hi Robbie

I totally understand your action!

Cam
Cam
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Deallad » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:19 pm

Sadly some folk have taken my posting the wrong way.

The recent terror attacks that have been carried out by persons both in the UK and Europe have stated that they are muslim.

The term that I used was to describe those that have, intend to, or support such horrific crimes and not the majority of peaceful folk of the same religion.

In comparison when a Staffordshire Bull Terrier bites someone they all get tarred with the same brush, when one mad man runs amok with a handgun we had our pistols taken away.

Mike
CZ 455.22LR 17HMR 22WMR
Marlin 39a 22 & 336 in 30-30win
RUGER 1022
Henry 22wmr & 45/70gov
Remington 700 Police LTR 223 S&B 5-25X56 PM11 P3 FFP
Accuracy Int AXMC 300 Win Mag S&B 5-25x56 PM!! P4F FFP
Benelli M2
NRA QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR
Deallad
Hunter
Hunter