divine

If you get caught speeding

Anything goes - within reason.

If you get caught speeding

Postby Foxy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:01 pm

Worth trying!

In case you know anyone who is ever caught for speeding:

Just thought I would share this with you, as you know I work in the speeding fine department in Swindon's Magistrate's Court and in the course of my investigation into 'fines, their payment methods and how points are automatically added against drivers licences' we discovered something very interesting 'If You Get a Speeding Fine.'

This has been tried and it works.

I have tried to send this to everyone I know. I know for a fact that it works so if you ever get in this situation, you have an out. We discovered that this procedure works nationwide. Read it and try it, you have nothing to lose but the points on your licence.

This is how it works:

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, and you are going to get points on your licence, then there is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any points. When you get your fine, send in the cheque to pay for it and if the fine is say, £40, then make the cheque out for £41 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a cheque for the difference, but here is the trick!

**DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHEQUE!!!** Throw it away!! Points are not assessed to your licence until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the cheque then the transactions are NOT complete. However, the system has got its money and is happy and will not bother you any more. This information came to our attention from a very reliable computer company that sets up the standard database used by each county's computing system.

Good luck and share this with all your friends and other family members as well!!!
Foxy
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: If you get caught speeding

Postby Born Again » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Alternatively, fit false number plates copied from an identical model and let someone else pay all your fines :roll:
Born Again
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby Keef » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:12 pm

Born Again wrote:Alternatively, fit false number plates copied from an identical model and let someone else pay all your fines :roll:

Plan B comes unstuck if you choose to clone a car where the owner has not paid his insurance, road tax or had an MOT!

In these days of money shortage, you never know. :shock:
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby Graeme.C » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Its on of those urban myth jobbies.
Here the same one but in the USA.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp
"The fact is, being politically correct is a good thing."
An idiot.
Graeme.C
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby sidesy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:37 pm

plan C dont speed!! ha!! angel gary :razz:
R7 Rapid S .22 , P.Wilson thumbhole AWT, CZ 452 .17 HMR MTC Viper 56mm / Ruger 10-22 Hawk red dot / Dedicated Ruger 10-22 NV / .223 Remy PSS 4200 tac 6/25 x 50 / .243 Remy Varmint Leup 8.5/25 x 50 mark 4 / .204 Remy Varm. Bettinsoli diamond 12g
sidesy
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Linegeist » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:39 pm

sidesy wrote:plan C dont speed!! ha!! angel gary :razz:

Cool! LIke the operators of the speed camera vans who drive home each evening, bang on the legal limit like good citizens. :roll:

Like the 'Safety Camera' <spit!> partnership out here who won't site a camera outside our village school because there's not enough money in it. :roll: :roll:

I find it hard to think anything other than that safety cameras are a tax imposed by a bankrupt government and enforced by a lapdog police with no other purpose. :turd: :turd: :turd: :turd:
.........und die power wird mit dir sein.........

Feror cupidine partium interdum Europae vincendarum magnarum
I get this urge to conquer parts of Europe and, sometimes, large men
Linegeist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Punchsteve's neighbour ........ on glorious Anglesey!

Postby AuldNick » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:17 am

Nice advise Foxy, deffo one to remember.

Here's another called "reasonable doubt".

Report your number plates stolen IE walk into any police station with them silly wee plastic screws and tell the nice policeman somebody knicked your plates (plate for motorcycles) get a pink slip = no more camera fines ;)
AuldNick
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Born Again » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:25 am

Call me an old fuddy-duddy, but am I the only one who thinks that you should accept responsibility for your traffic offences ? All this crap about falsely reporting your number plates stolen is just diverting police time from actual crimes.

Honestly, how can people complain about the police not doing a good job when they're flooding them with false crime reports ?
Born Again
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby Judge Ali » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:50 am

nice tip - thanks.

i have managed to avoid a speeding fine to date but lets be honest we all go over the limit at some point dont we?

i have forwarded your mail on to my entire address book!

cheers
alex
Judge Ali
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Linegeist » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:57 am

I wouldn't call you an old fuddy-duddy Steve, but I would stop short of supporting a Police Service that supports the persecution of everyday motorists who do 36mph while ignoring the minority who do vastly greater speeds but are harder to catch.

In my village, we have several young motorists who regularly traverse the village, with its school and 30mph limit, in excess of 60mph. I have given the Police evidence to support this, shown them photographs, shown them skid marks on the road, I've even had the local newspaper involved in interviewing the school headmaster who confirmed the problem.

Result? Traffic 'Safety' Camera vans on the main road a couple of miles away catching speeding mums at 36mph taking their kids to school while in our village they deny there's a problem. :kill:

The real reasoning here of course, is that there's no money in it for them, see? The speeding chavs are flat broke and steal the petrol to run their cars. The'd cost more to punish than they'd make out of it. The mums, however, are terrified of losing their licences so will not only 'fess up but can be conned into attending one of those utterly stupid intellgence-insulting 'speed awareness' quangoes and coughing up £60 for the privelege, thus perpetuating the pointless cycle.

Police catching criminals? Do me a favour and find me one can you? There's a shortage of sensible cops out here.
.........und die power wird mit dir sein.........

Feror cupidine partium interdum Europae vincendarum magnarum
I get this urge to conquer parts of Europe and, sometimes, large men
Linegeist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Punchsteve's neighbour ........ on glorious Anglesey!

Postby Punchsteve » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:09 pm

Linegeist wrote:
The real reasoning here of course, is that there's no money in it for them, see? The speeding chavs are flat broke and steal the petrol to run their cars. The'd cost more to punish than they'd make out of it. The mums, however, are terrified of losing their licences so will not only 'fess up but can be conned into attending one of those utterly stupid intellgence-insulting 'speed awareness' quangoes and coughing up £60 for the privelege, thus perpetuating the pointless cycle.

Police catching criminals? Do me a favour and find me one can you? There's a shortage of sensible cops out here.

I think the purpose of these things need to be decided once and for all. I can fully support their use outside schools and accident hotspots to potentially save lives, I cannot support their use as yet another sneaky underhand way of extracting revenue from an unfortunate British public.

What I would like to see, are highly visible speed camera's outside every school, and in known accident hotspots, completely covering the road from one end to the other in those areas, with a little common sense applied to their use i.e:

Much the same as switching on those flashing lights by a school are entrusted to the lollipop lady, perhaps a speed camera outside a school could be entrusted to a person in each town or village, who would switch it on during the most potentially dangerous hours, leaving them on permanently where a particular road itself is dangerous in some way.

What I am talking about of course, is the use of initiative, discretion and judgement. Something that members of our police force were once allowed to exercise.

Those poor little darlings, who habitually drive dangerously and can't afford to (read 'won't') pay a fine, we'll help them out. :) We'll take that nasty car that costs them so much to the scrapyard in lieu of monies. Problem solved. :) Of course, we'll also revoke their driving licence and jail them for a few years if they get caught driving again, just to take the temptation out of their path (I was going to suggest breaking both their legs so they can't operate the pedals, but I really wouldn't want to see any panties getting in a bunch :razz: ;) ).
Punchsteve
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: A 3 mile b-road gauntlet of tractors, idiot drivers and animal s**t away from Bob.

Return to General chat