divine

What good films have you seen

Anything goes - within reason.

Re: What good films have you seen

Postby flintlok » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:28 pm

Shootist wrote:
flintlok wrote:I saw the film Wind River this week. I rented it from Amazon. It's a murder mystery. I was a good film and held my attention. The fellow who puts an end to the criminals uses a 45-70 lever rifle. Watching the bad guys getting blowing away with the 45-70 was worth the price of admission. It's in the "Fargo" genre of murder mysteries and as good. It's worth watching.

Just watched it, on your recommendation. Pretty good I thought. No crimp on his 45/70 reload though.

Although he did have a nice reloading bench. :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:12 pm

Enthused by the idea of new films I have just watched Blade Runner 2049. Enthused at the start, by the end I felt like I had been euthanized. One of the most lugubriously tedious films I think I have ever watched. They must have purchased the generic special effects, such as they were, as a job lot on a bankruptcy sale from the out-takes of the original and hired a ten year old to make them worse. The plot, such as there was, was dire, involving a quick mention of the horrors of slavery and little else. Credited at about 2 3/4 hours run time, It lasted for at least a long, sleepless, week I am sure. The nearest thing yet to a sort of time travel. If you are tempted to watch this film, don't. Just paint something and watch it dry. It'll be more entertaining.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Lancs Lad » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:39 am

Hell or High Water with Jeff Bridges.

Scene in the restaurant with the waitress is a peach!

LL
Lancs Lad
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Coldfinger » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:31 pm

It's been quiet on the forum this week so I'll hijack this threat to also include TV series worth watching

Gomorrah - Italian crime drama set in the suburbs of Naples focusing on organized crime. The gangsters, the drug dealers and the ordinary people caught up in the mayhem and slaughter. The sound track is in Italian with English subtitles but if you can put up with that then it's great. My brother put me on to this one, I've just finished the first series - cracking.
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Previous

Return to General chat