divine

When your past destroys your present.

Anything goes - within reason.

When your past destroys your present.

Postby Shootist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:49 pm

The latest in a long line of denouncements comes with the editor of the newspaper 'Gay Times' being sacked because of nasty tweets he made some years ago. University founders, politicians statues being removed, it's getting to be a regular thing. Well, I'm thinking it's time to go after the big guns.

Before the feted Road to Damascus conversion, St Paul, the saint formerly known as Saul, was a right nasty geezer. A religious bigot of literally murderous proportions, delighting in the murder of the first Christian martyr, St Stephen, and persecuting Christians to the death whoever he could. Then he made some new and powerful friends who seem intent upon protecting him, with notable success. We need to start pulling down statues, although I acknowledge there might be problems in Malta, where his mates have significant influence. His past must not be forgotten, or forgiven. I say down with St Paul.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: When your past destroys your present.

Postby Graham M » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:03 am

I hear Coventry has a statue of a whore who used to go out riding her horse whilst totally naked. Not very good for little kids to see and should be removed as soon as possible.

G
Never argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Graham M
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Tommo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:02 am

Shootist wrote:
....Well, I'm thinking it's time to go after the big guns.

Before the feted Road to Damascus conversion, St Paul, the saint formerly known as Saul, was a right nasty geezer.....

Imagine if the Damascus Road had been a dual carriageway.. !! :cheese: :thumbs: :Facepalm:
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth...

NRA qualified RCO.. and all-round good egg :)
Tommo
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Ageing Manxman. Formerly of Southport, now back home in the Isle of Man

Postby flintlok » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:08 am

Graham M wrote:I hear Coventry has a statue of a whore who used to go out riding her horse whilst totally naked. Not very good for little kids to see and should be removed as soon as possible.

G

Alas, she no longer does that. :cry: :cry: :cry:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter