divine

We have arrived...

Anything goes - within reason.

We have arrived...

Postby Tommo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Well we have completed our move out of the UK to the Isle of Man. We were supposed to make the journey on Wednesday but gales in the Irish Sea caused cancellation of the ferries so we had to wait until 01.00 on Thursday morning before we sailed. A bit of a bumpy crossing but we arrived safely.

The vicarage is in total chaos with boxes as far as you can see in any direction and every room..!! We arrived at the vicarage at about 05.20 and began putting up curtains, as you do, whilst waiting for the removal men to arrive at 09.00. We were met, on entering the vicarage, with some 'welcome' goodies..a loaf, carton of milk, butter a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of prosecco.. Nice. :cheese:

The removal men arrived on time and set to.. suffice to say it was a long, tiring day and time seems to have morphed from Thursday into Sunday without respite.

So we'll carry on unpacking, it will end, sometime. But it's good to be here at last and, the icing on the cake has to be this....

We visited a local Farmer's Market this afternoon, just to take a break from the unpacking. We were taking to one lady selling veg and the Revd Mrs Tommo introduced herself as being the new vicar.. turns out her father is Captain of the Parish (a title still present in the Isle of Man) and she farms nearby.. "Do you have any problems with rabbits?" says I. "Oh yes" says she. "Why?, do you shoot..?" "Indeed we do" says I. "Then feel free to walk my land anytime" says she..

I'm still smiling at my good fortune.. :cheese: :clap: :cheese: :thumbs:
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth...

NRA qualified RCO.. and all-round good egg :)
Tommo
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Ageing Manxman. Formerly of Southport, now back home in the Isle of Man

Re: We have arrived...

Postby flintlok » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Cool, nice move. Perhaps a pistol. Good luck with the new parish. You'll be all set by summer.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Matt H » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:14 pm

Lucky you however I do not envy your unpacking chores to come or the "now what box did that go in" when you desperately need said item.

We will not get onto the envy for the ability to own a proper handgun over there!
Matt H
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Sidebyside » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:37 pm

Good luck with the move and the work involved with it all ,I am sure the Revd lady will enjoy her new Parish, Not mentioning pistols ;)
Guns have only two enemies; Rust and Politicians
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Hornet 6 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:50 am

Good luck with the new home, and parish to both of you :cheers:

Neil.
Hornet 6
Consul Master Hunter