divine

Interesting .

Anything goes - within reason.

Interesting .

Postby Sidebyside » Fri May 11, 2018 7:25 am

FAITH SCHOOLS..............
There had also been an election promise to remove the cap on faith free schools, which means that only 50% of places can be allocated on grounds of religion.

The government had promised to remove this and bring free schools into line with the admissions rules of other faith schools in the state sector, where they can allocate all places on faith grounds.

What is a free school?
Free schools are set up by groups of parents, teachers, charities, businesses, universities, trusts, religious or voluntary groups, but funded directly by central government.

They are often run by an "education provider" - an organisation or company brought in by the group setting up the school - but these firms are not allowed to make a profit.

The schools are established as academies, independent of local authorities. Unlike local-authority-run schools, they are exempt from teaching the national curriculum and have increased control over teachers' pay and conditions and the length of school terms and days.

What is a faith school?
State-funded faith schools have to follow the national curriculum but they can choose what they teach in religious studies.

Anyone can apply for a place but if the school is oversubscribed, faith schools can use religious criteria to select pupils. However, with the exception of faith grammar schools, they must offer a place to any pupil if a space is available.

House of Commons research last year found around a third of state-funded schools in England had a "faith designation". The vast majority were Christian, with a small number of Muslim, Jewish and Sikh faith schools.

But the government has reversed this promise - and instead says it will provide funds for local authorities to create a new generation of "voluntary-aided" faith schools.

These will be able to be fully selective on grounds of religion - and the funding for their creation will be taken from the pot of money set for the creation of new free schools.

Mr Hinds is signalling that all local authorities will be able to open new faith schools in this way if there is demand.

Existing faith academies and faith-based free schools will retain their 50% limit on the number of places they can allocate on the basis of faith.

About a third of all state schools in England are faith schools .



Mr Hinds is signalling that all local authorities will be able to open new faith schools in this way if there is demand. Oh yes and we know what faith !!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 13302
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:01 pm
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Interesting .

Postby Les1066 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:12 am

Sidebyside wrote:Anyone can apply for a place but if the school is oversubscribed, faith schools can use religious criteria to select pupils.


No worries. Just build a new Madrassa next to the local Mosque. Job done! :roll:
User avatar
Les1066
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:47 am
Location: Runcorn, via Africa and parts unknown!

Re: Interesting .

Postby flintlok » Fri May 11, 2018 12:42 pm

I attended a faith school. No worries, it did absolutely no good. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
User avatar
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Moderator
Moderator
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 14356
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:34 am
Location: Tiverton, RI, USA

Re: Interesting .

Postby Lee G » Fri May 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Make em stand by sbs when he shoots
I heard anyone standing near him, becomes instantly religious until he pulls the trigger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then they praise what ever they pray too after :die: :die: :die: :die:
zombie hater
If I got a penny for every target sbs missed, I would be a millionaire :die:
#LeaveEU #VoteLeave
User avatar
Lee G
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:00 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Interesting .

Postby Coldfinger » Fri May 11, 2018 6:32 pm

Lee G wrote:Make em stand by sbs when he shoots
I heard anyone standing near him, becomes instantly religious until he pulls the trigger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then they praise what ever they pray too after :die: :die: :die: :die:


Nonsense

He should shoot at them. Safest place to be is in front :grin: :grin: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die:
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
User avatar
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 6040
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 am
Location: Teesside

Re: Interesting .

Postby Lee G » Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 am

Coldfinger wrote:
Lee G wrote:Make em stand by sbs when he shoots
I heard anyone standing near him, becomes instantly religious until he pulls the trigger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then they praise what ever they pray too after :die: :die: :die: :die:


Nonsense

He should shoot at them. Safest place to be is in front :grin: :grin: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die:


He aint fussy, his school caters for all religions and can turn those of no faith into a jibbering religious freak :die: :die: :die:
zombie hater
If I got a penny for every target sbs missed, I would be a millionaire :die:
#LeaveEU #VoteLeave
User avatar
Lee G
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:00 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Interesting .

Postby Sidebyside » Sat May 12, 2018 5:29 pm

Lee G wrote:
Coldfinger wrote:
Lee G wrote:Make em stand by sbs when he shoots
I heard anyone standing near him, becomes instantly religious until he pulls the trigger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then they praise what ever they pray too after :die: :die: :die: :die:


Nonsense

He should shoot at them. Safest place to be is in front :grin: :grin: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die:


He aint fussy, his school caters for all religions and can turn those of no faith into a jibbering religious freak :die: :die: :die:

Yes and you're a prime example :thup: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
User avatar
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 13302
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:01 pm
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Interesting .

Postby Shootist » Thu May 31, 2018 2:10 pm

Faith schools. So, when a pupil takes their exams and makes a complete balls of them, can they up their marks by saying that the really, really, believed that the answers they gave were correct? I mean, that's faith, ain't it.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
User avatar
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 4843
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Derby

Re: Interesting .

Postby Les1066 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:44 pm

Shootist wrote:Faith schools. So, when a pupil takes their exams and makes a complete balls of them, can they up their marks by saying that the really, really, believed that the answers they gave were correct? I mean, that's faith, ain't it.


More like delusional, I think .... just like any religion. :hmm:
User avatar
Les1066
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:47 am
Location: Runcorn, via Africa and parts unknown!

Re: Interesting .

Postby Cam » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:26 pm

Shootist wrote:Faith schools. So, when a pupil takes their exams and makes a complete balls of them, can they up their marks by saying that the really, really, believed that the answers they gave were correct? I mean, that's faith, ain't it.


I say said pupil "hoped" his/her answers were correct! :grin: I vaguely remember a sermon about faith and hope and the preacher explained the 2 different issues. Can't remember the exact details!!!!! :shock: :(

Cam: dumb fck
Cam
Hunter
Hunter
 
Posts: 1131
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:45 pm


Return to General chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests