divine

Diversity in TV advertising

Anything goes - within reason.

Diversity in TV advertising

Postby Shootist » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:13 pm

Just been watching Amazon's latest effort where girl does her Christmas shopping early. Cut to Christmas Day and the whole family is there, all black (or whatever the current politically correct term is) except for one person, a white blond haired female dwarf. Presumably a guest. Either a chronically stupid piece of advertising or one of the most subtle piss takes I have ever seen.

FFS! :bh:
Last edited by Shootist on Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Diversity in TV advertising

Postby Andy.I » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:54 pm

I haven't seen this advert because I no longer watch live TV and have cancelled my TV license - however, regardless of the ethnic mixture of people at the tabIe, think that I would find a piss steak a little bit unappetising! ;)
"Everything not invented by God is invented by an engineer." HRH Phil the Greek.
Andy.I
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:24 pm

Piss steaks suitably amended. Too salty, I would imagine but then I have a taste for pigs kidneys.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Sidebyside » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:44 pm

Andy.I wrote:I haven't seen this advert because I no longer watch live TV and have cancelled my TV license - however, regardless of the ethnic mixture of people at the tabIe, think that I would find a piss steak a little bit unappetising! ;)

I too don't possess a television and just love it when the bully license people come to my door , I absolutely hate the BBC and would not want them to have a penny of my money , all the bully mail i receive from them is placed in a white envelope and posted back to them without a stamp :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill:
Guns have only two enemies; Rust and Politicians
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:35 pm

I have two televisions. Whether they are installed for receiving broadcasts isa matter for me to know and them to find out, or not, as the case may be. I have lived at my current address for 15+ years and in that time I have had only 4 visits from so called 'inspectors'. A couple of times I just told them to bugger off as I wasn't in the mood to play. The other two I had a bit of fun with first, before telling them to bugger off. I think they still come from time to time but they post their latest threatening letters and run before I can get to the door. I don't even get the Witnesses or the Mormons knocking.

BUT... A blonde, female, dwarf in a BAME household who gets the text overprint because when she stands up at the end she can't be seen FFS? :Facepalm:
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:13 am

A red head would get my attention otherwise I only look for sex and machine gun movies with no advertisements on Amazon or Netflix. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Andy.I » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Sidebyside wrote:
Andy.I wrote:I haven't seen this advert because I no longer watch live TV and have cancelled my TV license - however, regardless of the ethnic mixture of people at the tabIe, think that I would find a piss steak a little bit unappetising! ;)

I too don't possess a television and just love it when the bully license people come to my door , I absolutely hate the BBC and would not want them to have a penny of my money , all the bully mail i receive from them is placed in a white envelope and posted back to them without a stamp :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill:

I've got a 60" TV and I leave my blinds open at night on the rare occasions I turn it on to watch recordings or Youtube and I'm relishing my next visit from the TV-twats. Something else I was looking forward to is removing my TV aerial - I don't know what bird it is that perches on it but it shits all over my doorstep - however, I had the idea of putting some sort of plastic bird up there full of cow slurry which will void itself on the TV-twat at the press of a remote control. :grin:

Thank you for the tip about returning TV licencing mail in an unstamped envelope! :thup:
"Everything not invented by God is invented by an engineer." HRH Phil the Greek.
Andy.I
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:57 pm

Andy.I wrote:
Sidebyside wrote:

.....- I don't know what bird it is that perches on it but it shits all over my doorstep - however, I had the idea of putting some sort of plastic bird up there full of cow slurry which will void itself on the TV-twat at the press of a remote control. :grin: ...

Yeah, that would be SidebySide taking out your doorstep ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby libensvolenspotens » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:36 pm

I have seen said advert and concur with your comments.
From the TV in this country it would now appear that Caucasians are in the minority! If this is so why do we keep hearing about supporting the minorities yet the Caucasians receive nothing!
The Country is going to the dogs!
I can't imagine the country that my grandchildren will inherit but Im glad that I won't be there to see it

Final moan before I shut up - Why is it that after I listen to a speech by the Prime Minister or such like that the BBC feel the need to have a political editor repeat what he said several times and feel the need to interpret hi words?
I am neither deaf nor stupid so not necessary!
libensvolenspotens
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Coldfinger » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:21 pm

libensvolenspotens wrote: Why is it that after I listen to a speech by the Prime Minister or such like that the BBC feel the need to have a political editor repeat what he said several times and feel the need to interpret hi words?

It’s because most people refuse to believe the bullsh1t and borrocks the first time they hear it :lol: :lol:
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Coldfinger » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:39 pm

libensvolenspotens wrote:I have seen said advert and concur with your comments.

Come on guys, they are advertising Early Black Friday Deals. :Facepalm:

Faux Pas, anyone?
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Deallad » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Sick to death of hearing the word diversity.

Why do the adverts on TV insist on mixed race couples as if it is the norm? it's not and the loony left should get over it.

Mike
CZ 455.22LR 17HMR 22WMR
Marlin 39a 22 & 336 in 30-30win
RUGER 1022
Henry 22wmr & 45/70gov
Remington 700 Police LTR 223 S&B 5-25X56 PM11 P3 FFP
Accuracy Int AXMC 300 Win Mag S&B 5-25x56 PM!! P4F FFP
Benelli M2
NRA QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR
Deallad
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Sidebyside » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Deallad wrote:Sick to death of hearing the word diversity.

Why do the adverts on TV insist on mixed race couples as if it is the norm? it's not and the loony left should get over it.

Mike

My thoughts entirely :thup:
Guns have only two enemies; Rust and Politicians
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:34 pm

Much as I hate conspiracy theories, the more I ponder these adverts the more I come to the conclusion that there is too much to attribute to coincidence or quiet agreement. It is just too organised.
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:04 pm

Alas, nothing happens by accident in politics or the media, print or electronic. :roll: :roll: :roll:

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Next

Return to General chat