divine

Work Sharp knife and tool sharpener

Work Sharp knife and tool sharpener

Postby GGG » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Has anyone got one of these and would care to offer an opinion.
http://www.worksharptools.com

I almost bought one at the Kelso stalking fair where they were on demo, but would appreciate some real life views.
GGG
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Re: Work Sharp knife and tool sharpener

Postby Viperteks » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:06 am

Never seen or used it - I far prefer to use a manual system for all my blades, spyderco, diamond, or good old oil stone. I feel I would get carried away with that thing..... :oops: :oops:

And er.... Welcome :)

Dave
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby GGG » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Viperteks wrote:Never seen or used it - I far prefer to use a manual system for all my blades, spyderco, diamond, or good old oil stone. I feel I would get carried away with that thing..... :oops: :oops:

And er.... Welcome :)

Dave

Dave,

I wish I could sharpen manually, now how to manually ruin a knife then I'm your man. :Facepalm:
The system mentioned seemed pretty hard to get wrong, and whilst it's not exactly portable seemed pretty foolproof.
The V type sharpeners I currently use seem to work well enough, but remove an awful lot of steel when used.
GGG
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby leadpig » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:31 pm

there meant to be pretty good,but there is a new one coming out that is better :)

edit the ken Onion one is in the link :thup: :thup:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Knives, axes, other cutting tools and sharpening