divine

Knife Review - SOG Twitch II

Knife Review - SOG Twitch II

Postby flintlok » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:08 pm

I recently bought a SOG Twitch II pocket knife to use at work. It features a 2.65 inch blade of AUS-8 steel heat treated. I use a small knife at work primarily to open 50 pounds bags of chemicals, mostly hydrated lime. I had a small Gerber knife but it grew legs and walked away in somebody else’s pocket. The Gerber needed sharpening every other day as the heavy gauge multilayer paper bags and lime can wreck an edge in a short time. I been using the SOG for two weeks now and I hasn’t needed to be sharpened yet. It cuts through those lime bags like butter. So far I’ve only cut through 50 or 60 lime bags or so and with it I expect that I should lose the edge some time this week. I’m really impressed with this little knife. The knife has an assisted opening spring loaded blade. That’s really handy when working with gloved hands and chemicals. It’s available with stainless steel or rose wood scales. I’ll probably buy another as a spare just in case this knife grows legs too. The Security Guards at work like it as they are always playing with from the tray of metals that I use as I being scanned when leave the building. We work with precious metals and the company is a "anal" as can be about anything metal. I paid about $45 US for the knife. It's very well made and durable but It's not cheap. It doesn't have the silky smooth action of a William Henry knife at seven times the cost however for hydrated lime bags, they have met their match in the in the Twitch II.

AG Russell Catalog Product Description of the SOG Twitch II

“ SOG utilizes their Assisted Technology in several models. This concept in pocketknives was invented by founder Spencer Frazer and features a pass-through lockbar which the "kick" of the blade sticks through. By pressing on the "kick", you can initiate the opening of the blade. Then S.A.T.™ takes over to assist the full opening and solid lock-up of the knife. The knife has a safety to lock the blade closed and a detent, which must be overcome before the knife will open, keeping it from accidentally opening in your pocket. The handles are flat 6061 T6 hard anodized in a graphite color. The 2-5/8" drop point blade is AUS-8 at 57-58 Rc., now available in a combination edge as well as the plain edge. Dual thumb studs, a flipper and a reversible pocket clip make this a complete ambidextrous knife. Measures 3-1/2" closed and weighs 2.6 oz. Made in the U.S.A.”
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Knife Review - SOG Twitch II

Postby leadpig » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:13 pm

thread is useless without pics ;)
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Knife Review - SOG Twitch II

Postby flintlok » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:10 am

Hoo-kay, for Leadpig, pictures

The SOG Twitch II

View from the top.....

The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide