divine

I know the answer to this one..

I know the answer to this one..

Postby red_mamba » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:51 am

But just in case :D

I got a leter from UK Border force that they confiscated two knifes that I bought from ebay and were shipped from US.

Should I even try to argue with them about this? :grin:

David
red_mamba
Rifleman
Rifleman

Re: I know the answer to this one..

Postby red_mamba » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:57 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231319716718? ... EBIDX%3AIT
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231319720159? ... EBIDX%3AIT

found the first one in a uk shop http://www.edcgear.co.uk/ProductDetails ... e=CR7904DI
but its plain edge not half serrated. Guess mine is more dangerous because of the serrations :cry:

one could say I can argue with them why are they sold in UK if they are illegal.
But I'm not going to ruin their business. I'm gonna take one for the team here; I knew it could be problems when I ordered them.

And In just over a year I'll be moving to California and will have to restock on EDC knives anyway since my collection is staying home :grin:
red_mamba
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Viperteks » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:03 pm

And by NOT arguing with them you are helping them set the precedent to confiscate any 'legal' imported knife! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would take them to task over this, the knives are sold over here and the law is perfectly clear, it is NOT up to those jumped up Tossers at UK Border FARCE - to make up the rules as they see fit.

Get on it, rattle that cage mamba, you know it makes sense!

Dave
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby flintlok » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:20 pm

I know crap about UK knife laws. In Massachusetts if you have a Class A pistol permit you can carry whatever you want otherwise there are restrictions on double edge blades on some others. Rhode Island limits EDC to 3 inches unless you are a fisherman or an emergency responder. Nobody cares what the blade looks like or how the edge is fashioned. Generally if you limit your EDC to three inches you will very rarely have a problem anywhere in the US. The federal government outlawed switch blades in the 1950's. They are defined as automatic knives that will spring open with the depression of a button on the frame. The government claim the law would stop gang crime 1950's style. Now they only wished that switch blade was limit of their problems with gangs.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby red_mamba » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Viperteks wrote:And by NOT arguing with them you are helping them set the precedent to confiscate any 'legal' imported knife! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would take them to task over this, the knives are sold over here and the law is perfectly clear, it is NOT up to those jumped up Tossers at UK Border FARCE - to make up the rules as they see fit.

Dave

I know I know.

But I don't have time to go down to London to court to argue with those assholes and if I send a legal representative instead of me it's going to be a piss in a wind.

The thing is their reasons for confiscating them are based on this;
By virtue of section 1 (2) of the Restriction of offensive weapons act 1959 and section 49 (1)(b) of the Customs and Exercise Management act 1979
OR
By virtue of section 141 (1)(b) of the Customs and Exercise Management Act 1979

and apparently because the declaration form states "2x Gravity Knifes" they could argue this against me as well as offensive weapon crap.

But IMHO offensive weapon is every object a person uses to assault another. So a fork becomes an offensive weapon when some1 chooses to use it to do you harm right?
But does any1 here really think you can reason with them? Or should I ask any1 knows any1 that did this and won?

In the end It's just going to cost me more money for empty hands. Where the sad reality is that if I order 5 knives from that UK store it's going to be money better spend ;)
red_mamba
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Viperteks » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:48 am

Just right a simple letter, explaining the above and the incorrect 'declaration', see if they waiver on that, I agree, going to court is not feasable!

Just so wrong.

Dave
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby 247sniper » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:56 am

Viperteks wrote:And by NOT arguing with them you are helping them set the precedent to confiscate any 'legal' imported knife! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dave

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:
247sniper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby red_mamba » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Viperteks wrote:Just right a simple letter, explaining the above and the incorrect 'declaration', see if they waiver on that, I agree, going to court is not feasable!

Just so wrong.

Dave

See that's another problem. If I write them a letter that means I need to present my case in a civil court.
Your legal system is different from what I'm used to (we have the Roman model).

Back home I would be able to write a letter explaining my case and if they still refuse to release the goods then we would go to court :grin:
red_mamba
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Viperteks » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:00 pm

red_mamba wrote:
Viperteks wrote:Just right a simple letter, explaining the above and the incorrect 'declaration', see if they waiver on that, I agree, going to court is not feasable!

Just so wrong.

Dave

See that's another problem. If I write them a letter that means I need to present my case in a civil court.

Back home I would be able to write a letter explaining my case and if they still refuse to release the goods then we would go to court :grin:

Writing a letter of explanation does not obligate you to court action :)

Dave
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby red_mamba » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:52 am

Viperteks wrote:
red_mamba wrote:

Just so wrong.

Dave

Writing a letter of explanation does not obligate you to court action :)

Dave

Letter that they sent suggest otherwise :)
red_mamba
Rifleman
Rifleman

Return to Knives, axes, other cutting tools and sharpening