divine

Charlie Geddes Gun Repairs - Tayport

Forum rules
1) Honest opinions only. Opinions may be as critical as the poster chooses, but they must be justified.
2) A posters opinion is from his own experience and therefore cannot be wrong. If you have a different experience, feel free to post it. No arguments are allowed – this area for the forum is not for discussion about the experience of others.
3) As in all other forum areas, a poster takes complete responsibility for his or her posts. Any complaints or legal issues from defamation fall upon the original poster – not the forum, its moderators or owners.
4) As in all forum areas, we reserve the right to edit or delete posts which we feel are not inline with the community spirit we aim for.

Charlie Geddes Gun Repairs - Tayport

Postby MikeAI » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:40 pm

I originally asked Charlie to look at a malfunctioning Winchester 94 but ultimately this was unsuccessful. Impressed by his honesty and collection of guns for sale I have been back a few times and Charlie was also able to facilitate the supply of hard to get SK Lapua 22.

Good small selection of guns, experienced gunsmith and stocks some reloading components too but more for stalkers and vermin shooters.

I'll definetly be back!
In the Year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland - starving and outnumbered - charged the fields of Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets; they fought like Scotsmen, and won their freedom
MikeAI
Rifleman
Rifleman

Re: Charlie Geddes Gun Repairs - Tayport

Postby plugg » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:50 pm

MikeAI wrote:I originally asked Charlie to look at a malfunctioning Winchester 94 but ultimately this was unsuccessful. Impressed by his honesty and collection of guns for sale I have been back a few times and Charlie was also able to facilitate the supply of hard to get SK Lapua 22.

Good small selection of guns, experienced gunsmith and stocks some reloading components too but more for stalkers and vermin shooters.

I'll definetly be back!

:thup:

Charlie is a great bloke :thup:

A fully qualified gunsmith and RFD he knows what he is talking about. Charlie is also happy to give help, advice and information over the phone. His business premisies is also his home so little 'overheads' that are found at some RFD'S dont exist with Charlie :thup:

His work is first class and as mentioned by Mike, Charlie is honest, reliable and very efficient; Im sure Humperdingle had his .22-250 screwcut there and then when he asked Charlie to do a screwcut for him :thup:

5 Stars for Charlie Geddes, I'll definitely be back too if I need anything done :thup:
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Charlie Geddes Gun Repairs - Tayport

Postby humperdingle » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:16 pm

plugg wrote:Im sure Humperdingle had his .22-250 screwcut there and then when he asked Charlie to do a screwcut for him :thup:

Yup, he sure did. He was assuming i'd leave it for a few days, but I'd assumed he could do it whilst I waited... Which he did :oops:

Very impressed at the work, and fascinating to watch someone at work, who clearly take great care in it. :thup:
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Scotland - Northern