divine

Rifle safes

Pretty much anything shooting related

Re: Rifle safes

Postby Nick T » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:39 pm

http://www.shootuk.co.uk/infac-14-gun-s ... 42351.html

Anyone any knowledge of these safes? I've been looking at the Lokaway LOK4K but at nearly £600.00 it's a bit steep :(
Nick T
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby mathspete » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:36 pm

gonzo wrote:Locally (Dorset), the FEO wants to see enough safe space to store what you are applying for.
I agree you can have multiple safes and change later. But I the way I read the posting, it was not clear if the person already had the storage or was waiting for the renewal visit before buying an extra/replacement safe.
Just making sure they were aware of the requirements (I assume most forces require similar) rather than them miss the boat on getting whatever they are asking for this time.

Here they do make visits to reinspect when people have moved. Visiting to inspect every change may be pushing it for us, as they are not well staffed. Whatever they may advise/request.

I already have two safes and both are stuffed full. In my renewal I have asked for several more rifles, so of course I need to know whether I have been given permission to acquire these rifles before I need another safe, if they give me permission then I'll get the extra safe, if they don't then I won't need it, simple really :grin: .
BSA Super meteor and tornado gas ram
AA S410 TDR, Weirauch 100, Rapid 12 FAC, 5 shotguns
Anschutz 1517 &1417, Ruger 10-22 22LR
CZ 550 22-250, CZ 452 17HMR
Sako L61 270, CZ 527 .204
Lee Enfield No 4, Mauser 7.92
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Bushdog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:28 am

I have an Infac cabinet (amongst the half dozen of different sizes I possess).
Mine came from Ladds Guns and it is as good a quality as any others, if a bit on the basic side.
Bushdog
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby patpeter » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:20 am

Its upto you which safe you choose for your guns, but make sure they provide good safety and secrutiy to guns.
Last edited by patpeter on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
patpeter

Postby Les1066 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:14 pm

I decided to get one of these in the end. "Vault" type safes lose too much interior space to the fancy door, and all the other non-vault types are much of a muchness. Add a 7 lever deadlock on the bedroom door into the equation, and I've done just about all I can to stop scrotes getting at my goodies. This one has a 380mm depth - a full 80mm over any of the others I have seen at sensible prices. Job done. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291587907700? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Keef » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:06 pm

For Mathspete

Pete reference your renewal providing you put your renewal application in 8 weeks in advance of your expiry date if the police do not get the renewal done in time they must give you a temporary permit so that you do not have to surrender your guns to an RFD.

The decision on this was made by the ACPO on a FELWG meeting. It is at Para 3.5 in this link:

http://shootingshed.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/FELWG_Minutes-March-2015.pdf
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby mathspete » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am

Cheers Keef, I was well within that time, in fact I think I got my renewal back to them with 3 months to spare, so I will be ready to quote that document to them if the need arises. My FEO visit is tomorrow sometime, and I'm having to miss beaters day on my local shoot to fit it in :thdn: The shoot captain put in some extra days in January, that were not on my calendar and I didn't want to change appointments and mess the FEO about at short notice. I'll let you know how I get on, I've baked some posh cookies as an incentive to look favourably on my request for more rifles :grin:
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Keef » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:43 am

mathspete wrote: I'll let you know how I get on, I've baked some posh cookies as an incentive to look favourably on my request for more rifles :grin:

You should have asked for more rifles than you wanted or needed such as 50 cal rifle for deer and boar then you could placated him by agreeing to knock one or two off the application. :grin:
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby mathspete » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Well that's all over and done with for another five years, he was in the house for about 10 minutes, went through the paperwork, then checked all serial numbers on rifles, never once asked about moderaters or amount of ammo in the house, said all your acquisitions are fine and then went :thumbs:

Keef wrote: You should have asked for more rifles than you wanted or needed such as 50 cal rifle for deer and boar then you could placated him by agreeing to knock one or two off the application. :grin:

I did ask for a 50 cal(BMG) and he approved it without even blinking :grin: , also a 303 Lee Enfield, a 7.92 Mauser and a 30 calibre of some form or other for the larger deer :thumbs: :grin: . My only problem now is how the hell to afford them all. :shock: Do you fancy building me one Keef ? First thing to get though is that extra cabinet, as I shall tell my wife that he said I really need to get another for security reasons, then I can gradually fill it.
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:40 pm

mathspete wrote:Well that's all over and done with for another five years, he was in the house for about 10 minutes, went through the paperwork, then checked all serial numbers on rifles, never once asked about moderaters or amount of ammo in the house, said all your acquisitions are fine and then went :thumbs:

Keef wrote: You should have asked for more rifles than you wanted or needed such as 50 cal rifle for deer and boar then you could placated him by agreeing to knock one or two off the application. :grin:

I did ask for a 50 cal(BMG) and he approved it without even blinking :grin: , also a 303 Lee Enfield, a 7.92 Mauser and a 30 calibre of some form or other for the larger deer :thumbs: :grin: . My only problem now is how the hell to afford them all. :shock: Do you fancy building me one Keef ? First thing to get though is that extra cabinet, as I shall tell my wife that he said I really need to get another for security reasons, then I can gradually fill it.

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Personally, I'm a wimp when it comes to the 50. It way too loud for me. With a 50 you hearing protection needs hearing protection. :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby libensvolenspotens » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:34 am

mathspete wrote:Well that's all over and done with for another five years, he was in the house for about 10 minutes, went through the paperwork, then checked all serial numbers on rifles, never once asked about moderaters or amount of ammo in the house, said all your acquisitions are fine and then went :thumbs:

Great news Pete!
Did you ask for a mod for the .50? makes a big bang a lot quieter!
Don't rush out to buy reloading gear for the .50. Military surplus is much cheaper! Reloading is for accuracy rather than cost saving with .50BMG
http://www.fcsa.co.uk is a good place to start with the .50
Enjoy!
libensvolenspotens
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Keef » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:52 pm

I've never got into building 50 cals, the barrels are too long to fit in my lathe!

Did you get expanding ammo for the 50 cal though? :shock: :shock:
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby mathspete » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:29 pm

Keef wrote:I've never got into building 50 cals, the barrels are too long to fit in my lathe!

No I had to say it was for target shooting and I also didn't ask for a mod as I can just put on one I've already got or use the muzzle break they all seem to come with. I have emailed the fcsa about brass and reloading gear but they haven't bothered to reply yet, I may send them another to ask about milsurp ammo though if it really is cheaper than reloading. I'm now looking for a good second hand 50, if anyone knows of one going and a lee Enfield and a mauser :grin: let me know what you got available :luck:
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby libensvolenspotens » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:24 pm

mathspete wrote:
Keef wrote:I've never got into building 50 cals, the barrels are too long to fit in my lathe!

No I had to say it was for target shooting and I also didn't ask for a mod as I can just put on one I've already got or use the muzzle break they all seem to come with. I have emailed the fcsa about brass and reloading gear but they haven't bothered to reply yet, I may send them another to ask about milsurp ammo though if it really is cheaper than reloading. I'm now looking for a good second hand 50, if anyone knows of one going and a lee Enfield and a mauser :grin: let me know what you got available :luck:

.50 CAL.JPG
Size of .50 bmg mod

I don't know what mods you've already got but unless they are rated for .50 BMG you will either blow them apart or send them down range! Mine is like a drain pipe !(See above)

I have some brass when you're ready which you are welcome to.
However, projectiles are not cheap and neither are primers! Add 250 grains of propellant and the costs rise again!
You'll need a new press, dies, case trimmers and a powder thrower (Take an age to use scales)
You do get to fire tracer! but armour piercing, HE & incendiary are not on the menu over here.
You'll need to join a club to get on the military ranges and play with the tracer. I'm in the Fifty Cal club and they shoot all over.

Shame we can't buy pallets of ammo over here. I saw an ad in the US for a pallet of 10,000 rounds armour piercing, incendiary tracer rounds which worked out at $1.30 around!
Oh well must be grateful for what we can have!
libensvolenspotens
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Previous

Return to General Shooting Topics