Switch to full style
Pretty much anything shooting related
Write comments

DIY idiot

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:58 pm

Looks more like a cordless drill to me but it got the bloke five years, I guess he did not know his neighbour as well as he thought he did or more likely was just plain stupid.
Attachments
homemade.jpg

Re: DIY idiot

Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:43 pm

In the US we can build our own guns for personal and folks do it all the time. It makes for wonderful Youtube entertainment. There are certain restrictions and machine guns generally are not allowed. However we cannot discharge firearms at the bedroom walls. That's pushing the envelope even in the US.

From the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) FAQ page
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm

A7) Does the GCA prohibit anyone from making a handgun, shotgun or rifle?

With certain exceptions a firearm may be made by a nonlicensee provided it is not for sale and the maker is not prohibited from possessing firearms.

However, a person is prohibited from making a semiautomatic assault weapon or assembling a nonsporting semiautomatic rifle or nonsporting shotgun from imported parts. In addition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and approval by ATF. An application to make a machinegun will not be approved unless documentation is submitted showing that the firearm is being made for a federal or state agency.

[18 U. S. C. 922 (o), (r), (v), and 923, 27 CFR 178.39, 178.40, 178.41 and 179.105]

Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm

Why is it that when I look at that photograph I think of a can of Strongbow, yellow fingers and some Rizla papers? :hmm:

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:38 pm

what are adapted air rifle pellets?

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:08 pm

You drill a hole right through them so that they flatten on impact :grin:

Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:02 am

Coldfinger wrote:Why is it that when I look at that photograph I think of a can of Strongbow, yellow fingers and some Rizla papers? :hmm:

funnilly enough :grin: :roll:
5 years is a bit harsh with all the knife crime geezers that are getting less but why did he do :?: it

Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:44 am

He got 5 years because he made it. If he had found it in the street and used it he would have got less. If he had called himself Psycho he would probably have gotten probation on the grounds of diminished mental capacity.

"Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime" as Tony put it but he didn't mean financial crimes. The punishment has to fit the crime, innit

:?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:08 pm

I like Strongbow!!!!! :thup:

Dave

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:58 pm

What the hell is that? What was the eye and heart for lmao, the barrell and forend look like its been a hilti rimfire nailgun and been adapted,
Chris

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:00 am

when i first saw that pic. i thought it was part of a capacity discharge gun spring loaded end

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:40 pm

I can't imagine sending anybody to jail for five years for that P.O.S.???? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:52 pm

nathanhutchison wrote:what are adapted air rifle pellets?

Dunno but it says
After his neighbour called police, officers discovered a stash of weapons and ammunition when they searched Cracknell’s flat including an air rifle and a tin of adapted bullets.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:57 pm

I would suspect that he adapted blank ammo to fit in his cordless drill look a like.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Perhaps he should have moved to the US and got a job at the company that builds these pistols. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

http://vintageordnance.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTA99lO7 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sCucqhbz78

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:27 pm

$620 for that!? interesting collectors piece but it seems a bit much to spend on a pistol you wont want to actually fire, and which was intended to cost $32 (equivalent)
Write comments