divine

Derbyshire initial application

Pretty much anything shooting related

Derbyshire initial application

Postby markpodbery » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi all,

Two questions:

1. I live between two houses, rent both but mainly live in Derby where my guns will be stored, on the application I have just put Derby with my previous address as my other place down south but put a from date to "present". I also put down 2nd home next to it. My doctors are based down south but I presume where they are is no big deal as I just haven't changed them. Does this sound ok?

The other question is does anyone know or has anyone applied for a shotgun or firearms licence with the Derbyshire police force recently?

I am sending my application in on Tuesday and wondered what the timescales were.

I know lots of people will probably laugh at my question and mention 3-6 months, but has anyone experienced the process recently?

Thanks very much

Mark
markpodbery

Re: Derbyshire initial application

Postby Matt H » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:21 pm

There is only one answer. They will give you the answer for both.

Ring Derby Firearms office on Tue before you send the form in. 0300 122 8657 is the number you need.

Matt
Matt H
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:49 am

markpodbery wrote:Hi all,

Two questions:

1. I live between two houses, rent both but mainly live in Derby where my guns will be stored, on the application I have just put Derby with my previous address as my other place down south but put a from date to "present". I also put down 2nd home next to it. My doctors are based down south but I presume where they are is no big deal as I just haven't changed them. Does this sound ok?

The other question is does anyone know or has anyone applied for a shotgun or firearms licence with the Derbyshire police force recently?

I am sending my application in on Tuesday and wondered what the timescales were.

I know lots of people will probably laugh at my question and mention 3-6 months, but has anyone experienced the process recently?

Thanks very much

Mark

if you`re lucky :!:
how much time do you spend away from the Derbyshire property and who will be there when you`re not :?:
good luck with your application :thup:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Derbyshire? You'll be OK provided you've written everything out as slow as you could and used plenty of pictures.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Deadeye18 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:53 am

I'm in Derbyshire,took 6 weeks from me posting the application to receiving my ticket.A lad at my work applied last year and his was just over 4 weeks so pretty quick.As to your other question I suppose it would depend on how long your out of the Derby property but flo will discuss this with you either on the phone or in person when you have "the chat".Good luck anyway.
Deadeye18

Postby 1in9 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:32 am

markpodbery wrote:Hi all,

Mark

I used to have a Derbyshire SGC while also being a student away at University, you are correct that you should have the cert where the guns are stored. The FEO was entirely cool with them being in storage for longish periods and them also being away in a University armoury as long as they were normally permanently resident at the Derbyshire address.

You could add an additional sheet or covering letter explaining your exact situation, they prefer being briefed ahead of your interview but you could cover it then. Derbyshire are one of the better forces for not being overly restrictive so I'm sure it will all be fine.
The UK's biggest range of rifle magazines with FREE UK delivery http://riflemags.co.uk
1in9
Hunter
Hunter
Trade Member
Trade Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to General Shooting Topics