divine

The Great Yard Sale

Pretty much anything shooting related

The Great Yard Sale

Postby flintlok » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:09 pm

Well, I've been collecting guns for over 40 years. I been convinced by the family members (i.e. wife and daughters) to pare the collection down a bit so should I meet my demise they will have less to manage of an unmanageable situation. I'm only 68 and I feel that I have years ahead of me. In any case, I've put up 180 guns for action at Morphy Auction House located in Denver, Pennsylvania. The auction includes my Spencer Carbine and loading tools, all of my Colt Pythons and Diamondbacks as well as many other Colt revolvers, my Fitz Special that once belonged to the 1938 shooting editor of Field & Stream Magazine, my very rare Ballard 1 3/4 Far West falling block rifle, my WWI 455 Webleys, several 1911 pistols of 1914, 1915, 1917, and 1927 vintage, a bunch of pump 22 rifles, my Royal Irish Constabulary Winchester 1897 pump action 12 gauge of 1918 vintage, my Japanese Baby Nambu and holster, my French Gras Rifle and Model 1974 pistol, my Remington Rolling Block rifles. my Swedish Lhati Pistol, my Belgium FNC's and FAL and loads of other guns. I still have lots of things to shoot but they now tend to be the guns that I can shoot without worrying about diminishing the value of a collectible firearm.

I did save my Model 28 Smith & Wesson revolver just in case Coldfinger should ever show up at my door. I guess that I could keep him otherwise busy with my remaining Colt Single Action Army, my Glocks, of Beretta, or Sigs, or HK, or 1911's, or CZ pistols. He just will not be shooting Pythons. The auction is scheduled for February 5, 6, and 7. There is about 4000 guns in total of which include my 180. I pretty much kept all of my flintlocks. There were something's that I couldn't part with so I still have loads of AR 15's and variants, Garands, as M1 Carbine, and a MIA. I'm down to only one AK. I put up 5 AK's for sale including a vintage Chinese Norinco and a Polytech Legend under folder. It sort of a bittersweet sale and I'll miss them but as I said I'll still have loads to shoot. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: The Great Yard Sale

Postby Haggis » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:52 pm

You could have adopted me, it would have been easier.
Haggis
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:32 pm

Alas, I have two thirty something single daughters with no boyfriends or husbands and no grandchildren. I seems that my family members and friends are worse off health wise then me and I 'm very likely to easily outlive them by decades. They have a bad heart, bad lungs, bad backs, or battling cancer. Aging is not for the faint of heart.

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby mathspete » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:36 pm

Oh dear! you're getting rid of 180 of your collection, what will I have to shoot when I come to visit. Oh to be in the land of the free, most people here even having aquired a licence have only got a couple of rifles. Just make sure you spend the cash on something you've always wanted for your collection.
BSA Super meteor and tornado gas ram
AA S410 TDR, Weirauch 100, Rapid 12 FAC, 5 shotguns
Anschutz 1517 &1417, Ruger 10-22 22LR
CZ 550 22-250, CZ 452 17HMR
Sako L61 270, CZ 527 .204
Lee Enfield No 4, Mauser 7.92
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:42 pm

mathspete wrote:Oh dear! you're getting rid of 180 of your collection, what will I have to shoot when I come to visit. Oh to be in the land of the free, most people here even having aquired a licence have only got a couple of rifles. Just make sure you spend the cash on something you've always wanted for your collection.

No worries, I still have 50 or so. :grin:

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Coldfinger » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:13 am

Haggis wrote:You could have adopted me, it would have been easier.

There's a queue, you are at the back 8-)
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to General Shooting Topics