divine

BRNO model 4

Pretty much anything shooting related

BRNO model 4

Postby Calfed » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:32 am

I recently bagged a few new guns, including this BRNO Model 4 target rifle. I've been after one of these babies for a while and was thrilled to see this one come up on auction. It was part of a collection and looks like it was never fired.

Are the BRNO's popular in the UK?

Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Re: BRNO model 4

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:00 am

BRNO and CZ rifles,I would say are probably the biggest selling rifles in the UK especially in rimfire calibres.
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Les1066 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 am

Great find! :thumbs:

As BVS has said, the BRNO and CZ have a huge following here, and for a good reason. They are accurate, reliable and don't cost a fortune. What's not to like? :D
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Calfed » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:36 pm

Buffy Vampire Slayer wrote:BRNO and CZ rifles,I would say are probably the biggest selling rifles in the UK especially in rimfire calibres.

Les1066 wrote:Great find! :thumbs:

As BVS has said, the BRNO and CZ have a huge following here, and for a good reason. They are accurate, reliable and don't cost a fortune. What's not to like? :D

Thanks, guys. CZ is a well thought of brand here. I think the older BRNO rimfire target rifles are somewhat less well known over here, but revered by knowledgeable shooters.

As I said, this one looks almost unfired. I haven't been able to bring it home because of the 10 day "cooling off" period, but did bring home the "bits" that came with the rifle

It came in its original box, including the paper work and a test target

Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Postby flintlok » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:11 am

Very nice!!!!!! :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:47 am

in saying what I did regarding this brand,I also ought to have said that I don't and never have owned one.
I know loads of guys that do though.
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Calfed » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:08 am

flintlok wrote:Very nice!!!!!! :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Thanks, Flinty
Buffy Vampire Slayer wrote:in saying what I did regarding this brand,I also ought to have said that I don't and never have owned one.
I know loads of guys that do though.

I'm looking forward to picking this one up from my FFL, but the whole Wuhan virus thing has slowed everything down to a crawl.
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Postby flintlok » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:39 pm

Calfed wrote:
I'm looking forward to picking this one up from my FFL, but the whole Wuhan virus thing has slowed everything down to a crawl.

It's the same here in Rhode Island. The gun stores are still open and the outdoor rifle ranges are still running. At the onset there was a mad dash to buy guns. One of the local police department that runs mandatory background checks for gun purchases went from 30 to 40 checks a week to 411 in one week. The governor extended the waiting period by executive order from seven to thirty days so the background check folks could catch up. The gun store about a mile from my house had only 3 handguns left for sale and about 60% of the long gun had sold within the first week or two of the onset.

Early on, I stopped by one of the gun stores for some CCI Standard Velocity 22 ammo. The store is in Warwick, RI. The store is about 60 feet long and about 30 feet deep. When I went there for the 22's there had to of been 50 customers in the place not counting the clerks. I just left and ordered the ammo from Smoky Mountain Knife Works. I wouldn't go near another gun store for quite a while. I am still buying C&R stuff off of Gunbroker. I have plenty to shoot and since most of the local gun store shelves are empty of ammo and guns it's probably best just to stay away.

I'm expecting the used collectible gun prices to fall as we progress with the Chrono virus. Lot's of people are out of work and just don't have the money to buy stuff or need the money so they will sell at a good price. Fortunately I have plenty of ammo for quality range time for well into the foreseeable and beyond. That's an off shoot of casting my own bullets and having an ample supply of powder and primers.

I'm working from home at this point. There's no lay off any where in my future. I am in one of the critical industries. It seems that we have every regulatory agency screwing with us in the good times and they've all backed at this point. The chemicals that we sell provide sanitation for at least half of the drinking water and wastewater facilities in New England as well as nitrous oxide emission reduction treatment for power plants and food processing. Nobody wants to see my facility shut done due to Chrono virus. There's not to many who want to play with the stuff that we work with so finding qualified help is very tough in the best of times. The cool thing about my line of work is that we have all of the protective gear and respirators. Everybody at the facility is trained to protect themselves dangerous chemicals and inhalation hazards and it's pretty much the same gear as for a virus. There's really not a lot of protection in a N95 mask and a pair of 4 mil thick nitrile gloves. How safe would you feel if you were told to fill drums with 93% sulfuric acid by weight with that amount of protection. It's pretty much the same with the virus.

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Calfed » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:22 am

I'm so sorry to see the world going through this thing right now. Glad that your job is secure and you have the means to protect and take care of yourself. From what you wrote, sounds like you handle chemicals used to treat drinking and waste water. Definitely a "critical job".

Right now all the ranges here are closed...indoor or out. So I haven't been doing much shooting. I had a pretty good run of auction buys in the last few months. I'm hoping that you are wrong about C&R prices falling, but fear you may be right. Got 4 other rifles other than the BRNO and 1 pistol. I'm a little reluctant to post them lest I be seen as gloating.

Take care.
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Postby flintlok » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:50 pm

Please gloat. Things are slow on the forum and a little gloating won't hurt. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby mathspete » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:16 pm

Please gloat to your hearts content. Be well and stay healthy to all on the forum, I haven't managed to pull a trigger for many months now due to travel restrictions. There's going to be a lot of rabbits, rats and roebucks needing shooting once this all finishes. Best wishes to all.
BSA Super meteor and tornado gas ram
AA S410 TDR, Weirauch 100, Rapid 12 FAC, 5 shotguns
Anschutz 1517 &1417, Ruger 10-22 22LR
CZ 550 22-250, CZ 452 17HMR
Sako L61 270, CZ 527 .204
Lee Enfield No 4, Mauser 7.92
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Calfed » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:01 pm

I meant to shoot this sooner, but just now got around to it.

50 yds with Lapua Midas+. First shot ("cold bore") went through the center of the target. Next 5 were slightly lower.

Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Return to General Shooting Topics