divine

Can anybody help?

Pretty much anything shooting related

Can anybody help?

Postby dburrage » Tue May 26, 2020 9:02 pm

This isn't going to be a nice post to read, and so I apologise in advance for this.

I joined this forum because I'm trying to obtain a firearm. A handgun to be more precise.

I do not have any form of license, and so I guess I would have to obtain it from the 'open market'.
But I have no idea who I would need to speak to, or how I would make contact with the relevant people? I'm in the UK.

I suspect you, the reader, will be wondering why I wish to obtain a weapon, so here's for the not so nice part...
I quite honestly wish to kill myself.

I know after reading that you may feel a need to distance yourself from helping me to obtain a weapon, but please do help me - I'm desparate!
I have no intention of doing anybody else any harm, other than myself.

Any advice as to who I would need to contact and how I would get in touch with the relevant people would be much appreciated.
dburrage

Re: Can anybody help?

Postby libensvolenspotens » Tue May 26, 2020 9:20 pm

The best people to talk to about your situation are the Samaritans -
Samaritans' new free helpline number is 116 123. Calls to this helpline number do not appear on phone bills. Samaritans is available round the clock, every single day of the year, providing a safe place for anyone who is struggling to cope.
Give them a ring
I hope that they can help you
Cheers
Dave
libensvolenspotens
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby dburrage » Tue May 26, 2020 9:50 pm

libensvolenspotens wrote:The best people to talk to about your situation are the Samaritans -
Samaritans' new free helpline number is 116 123. Calls to this helpline number do not appear on phone bills. Samaritans is available round the clock, every single day of the year, providing a safe place for anyone who is struggling to cope.
Give them a ring
I hope that they can help you
Cheers
Dave

Many thanks for your reply, Dave, and also for your concern.

Without wanting to go into the details, I have been going round in circles with mental health services for approx 10 years now.
I do not wish to do that any longer, and hence my searching for ways to obtain a weapon.
dburrage

Postby Les1066 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:27 am

Jump off a cliff - it'll be cheaper.
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby dburrage » Wed May 27, 2020 11:08 am

Les1066 wrote:Jump off a cliff - it'll be cheaper.

Hi Les1066
I've considered other options, and arrived at my preferred exit plan.
But thanks for your input.

I would be very grateful if anybody could help with what I said in my OP.
If you'd prefer to contact me privately rather than on a forum, my e-mail is dburrage950@gmail.com
dburrage

Postby Shootist » Fri May 29, 2020 2:29 pm

Nobody here is going to tell you how to get a gun. Nobody here is going to tell you how you might get to use a gun long enough to make your choice. While I have sympathy for your mental health condition, and respect for your chosen solution, you need to make alternative plans. Many more possible solutions might be found by travelling abroad, but nobody here is going to tell you what they are. As has been said, the Samaritans is a good starting point. Best of luck, and don't bother with any other firearms forums unless you are an 'anti' looking to harm shooters interests, in which case, best of luck with your suicide plans.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Coldfinger » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:23 pm

In this country you will not get hold of a firearm without jumping through hoops. The police will not grant you a firearms license if you have or have had mental health issues. Your doctor will be consulted so that route is closed to you.

One of my relatives took his own life last week. If you really are someone who is having mental health issues then please call 0800 068 4141 rather than leave a mountain of torture and misery for those close to you.

CF
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:13 pm

The more I think bout this, the more I think I've seen it elsewhere some time ago. It concerns me that the OP is asking for a handgun when a shotgun it like to be easier to get and far more effective (oops!). I'm really not that confident that it is genuine. The OP states he has considered other options, but a few moments on Google will quickly clarify the minimal chances of getting any firearm off ticket let alone a handgun.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:23 am

Yes, it seem suspect. I did check the IPP address and he is in the UK. Unfortunately for him sport shooting in not about suicide and he's highly unlikely to fine any such help here. He's as rich as can be as he has life and he doesn't seem to know it.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Sidebyside » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:22 am

Why not hire someone else to do it ,, but not me I'd miss :die: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Guns have only two enemies; Rust and Politicians
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Les1066 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:09 am

Shootist wrote:The more I think bout this, the more I think I've seen it elsewhere some time ago. It concerns me that the OP is asking for a handgun when a shotgun it like to be easier to get and far more effective (oops!). I'm really not that confident that it is genuine. The OP states he has considered other options, but a few moments on Google will quickly clarify the minimal chances of getting any firearm off ticket let alone a handgun.

That was my feeling, too, hence the offhanded comment. I just wish I could remember where/when I came across it. :Facepalm:
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:23 pm

probably a anti phishing :bh:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to General Shooting Topics