Switch to full style
Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics
Write comments

Brno 22lr mod 2. Trade in price???

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Looking to get a 12b o/u this week. Have £600 to spend but considering taking the 22 with me to get some money off or get a more expensive one if that makes sense.

Its in good condition wood is clean and blueing is great, with a moderator, a 5shot metal mag and a tasco scope I think.
Obviously the shop won't give me the same as if I sell it privately. So any ideas what they might offer roughly or is it worth keeping it? I never really use it since I got the hmr though.

Re: Brno 22lr mod 2. Trade in price???

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:20 pm

anywhere from £50 to £200,but depends on the condition and the dealer :roll:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:31 pm

That's what I was expecting. Its a pretty old one so I'm thinking th £50 mark is where it will be.
Thank you.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Get it advertised on here.. You'll get £100 for it standing on your head!

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:15 pm

I have just payed £130 (Mod2) 1953 vintage for one with a scope from my local dealer. The Tasco scope is probably collectible in it's own right, more details/pictures please!

Defo sell it on here!

Dave

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:47 pm

I have a feeling its a 56. Standard length barrel i belive. Parker hale mod. Metal work all seems great. Bolt seems nice and tight if thats a good thing. In comparison to my 06 cz hmr it is very similar condition. Only difference is the wood finish is abit duller and has a few marks mainly where the sling was previously fitted.
The tasco scope was from a friends air rifle and is fairly modern.
I did have an issue finding mounts for it as i belive the rail to be an old width. 18-19 mm if i remember. I ended up buying small adapter block things to make it to a more standard size.11mm i belive? It also made the scope around 11mm high which was handy as the front of the scope was fouling the original iron sight. Viperteks does yours have the same rail type?
I brought it before my hmr by around 8-9 months and probaly put 200-300 rounds through it and never ever had a problem with it. Seems very accurate.... More accurate than me anyway.
Ill shall get a few photos up but not at home at the moment.

If i were to sell it will i only need to inform police that i have as the same with a purchase (like shotgun)and then it goes back to a empty slot? I will probaly do a one for one in a few month for a 25-06 if it is the case. If not wat is the process when selling a firearm?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Once a slot has been filled that is it...It dosnt revert to being an empty slot I'm afraid.
You will need a variation to acquire again even if it is for the same calibre that you have just disposed of.

HTH

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:08 pm

plugg wrote:Once a slot has been filled that is it...It dosnt revert to being an empty slot I'm afraid.
You will need a variation to acquire again even if it is for the same calibre that you have just disposed of.

HTH

Which they will/should do for free if within 7 days of clearing the old slot.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:20 pm

Hmmm ok so if i sell it i can just inform them and leave it at that for a while and then put in a variation for .25-06 but i take it i wnt be able to do a one for one as the .22 will no longer be on my license. Seems like a weird one. What would i do if i still owned the .22 and did a variation to a 25-06?? Hand the .22 in?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:24 pm

cal5289 wrote:Hmmm ok so if i sell it i can just inform them and leave it at that for a while and then put in a variation for .25-06 but i take it i wnt be able to do a one for one as the .22 will no longer be on my license. Seems like a weird one. What would i do if i still owned the .22 and did a variation to a 25-06?? Hand the .22 in?

Tell them when you sell the .22 you want to keep the slot,which if done within 7 days they will do for free.Sometime after do a one for one for the .25-06.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:40 pm

mr smith wrote:
cal5289 wrote:Hmmm ok so if i sell it i can just inform them and leave it at that for a while and then put in a variation for .25-06 but i take it i wnt be able to do a one for one as the .22 will no longer be on my license. Seems like a weird one. What would i do if i still owned the .22 and did a variation to a 25-06?? Hand the .22 in?

Tell them when you sell the .22 you want to keep the slot,which if done within 7 days they will do for free.Sometime after do a one for one for the .25-06.

Sounds like a plan.
Cheers

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:06 pm

or if your sure you want the 25/06 put in the variation form for it with your fac,ie ask them to change the 22lr slot for 25/06 :thup:
that way your fac comes back with permission to buy/acquire a 25/06 already on it ;) :thup: :thup:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Yep mine has the older wide rail, so scope was fouling rear sight, but as I chopped the barrel to 16" for a mod I had the rear sight ground off too.

Superb old 'worky's' gun!

Dave!

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:26 pm

[quote="leadpig"]or if your sure you want the 25/06 put in the variation form for it with your fac,ie ask them to change the 22lr slot for 25/06 :thup:
that way your fac comes back with permission to buy/acquire a 25/06 already on it ;) :thup: :thup:[/q

If you want it done for free you'll have to ask for a .22 slot and do a one for one later(the next week).Remember your not asking for anything like for like and they'll want to look into your use for a .25-06.
Write comments