divine

Wildcat whisper .17hmr sound mod.

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

Wildcat whisper .17hmr sound mod.

Postby Paul. » Tue May 06, 2008 12:25 pm

After using a SAK Mod for the last couple of years I decided to go for a new mod, I chose to try out a Wildcat Whisper. I picked it up personally from UK Custom shop, as you know the score on Mods ticket ect. The mod comes packaged in a sturdy tube so it will not get damaged in transit ect. The mod itself is an over barrel affair which looks very nice when fitted to your rifle. Here is the New style Sak mod from my 22lr and the Whisper stripped down.

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/ ... ols007.flv

The Whisper is 175mm (approx) Long, with a dia. of 35mm (approx). Being an overbarrel mod the part that protrudes forward to the barrel is 100mm (approx). Made from lightweight Alloy and Steel it weighs 8oz (approx).

Testing with the wildcat fitted. http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/ ... ols006.flv Not really a true representation of noise as its on camera rather than using the mark 1 lug 'ole.

Sound Moderation is obviously hugely reduced with the Whisper fitted than no mod at all. Compared to the Sak and because it is caliber specific there is far less muzzle blast, but like any mod the crack of the round going supersonic can never be eliminated. Accuracy is not effected when using the mod.

For £30 new the SAK does its job well, but if you have the extra money to use the Wildcat whisper in my opinion looks better, is easier to clean and strip. It reduces muzzel blast that little bit more. The only down side is the cost of £125, but when you look at the Quality of material, build quality and after sales service then you can see where your money is going.

I am personally chuffed to have one.
I have stated it plain, an' my argument's thus
("It's all one," says the Sapper)
There's only one Corps which is perfect - that's us;
An' they call us Her Majesty's Engineers,
With the rank and pay of a Sapper!

Rudyard Kipling
Paul.
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Wildcat whisper .17hmr sound mod.

Postby Beer Hunter » Tue May 06, 2008 12:38 pm

Looks good.
I wonder if Andy will be selling the last of the Growlers cheap now - I'd love another :lol:

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Re: Wildcat whisper .17hmr sound mod.

Postby BoNeS » Tue May 13, 2008 11:29 pm

i am often at andrews place he let me a have a predator for the .223 which i also bought from him, great mod does the job i want it to, i also have a whisper for the rimmy and hmr and they are superb IMO, look good great engineering and work a treat what more do you want?
BoNeS

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder