divine

Caps & Nipples

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

Re: Caps & Nipples

Postby Coldfinger » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:41 pm

Thanks Steve but I don't think they fit a .36

A friend of mine, also shooting today, has a Ruger Old Army converted for shotgun primers. He has one chamber which allows the primer to slide backward to jam the gun. He regrets getting the conversion.
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Caps & Nipples

Postby Shootist » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:27 pm

Most such pistols converted for shotgun primers are, AFAIK, set up as nitro conversions. Mine just has the shotgun primer nipples screwed into the standard black powder cylinders as issued. (It's a Pietta) It's not a conversion as such and the ordinary nipples can be put back in the cylinder any time. The only problem, which isn't much of a problem is that the nipple holes are a bit big and powder can fall through when it's being reloaded. It's a simple fix. Just prod a piece of thin tissue paper in the chambers before the powder.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Previous

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder