divine

FBI Glock 22

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

Re: FBI Glock 22

Postby flintlok » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:42 am

Yeah, I prefer the 9 mm in the Glock. I had a Glock 17 long slide that I sold long ago. I could shoot that great. That's one of the reasons I went with the 34. I should have kept the long slide. That's what happens when I listened to the 40 S&W crowd. The nine is just more practical for blasting away. I put a Bar-Sto match barrel on my 45 caliber Glock 21 that I use to shoot lead. Match barrels are a pain to reload for as the demand near factory dimension cases. I intend to place a button rifle barrel on the 34 although I have use it with lead loads with the factory barrel. I do like Glocks as they are the working horse of guns. They are not sexy but will get you by nicely and there's no worrying about the finish.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Bushdog » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:06 pm

My (admittedly limited) experience with Glocks is that they tend to work better in original format.
I borrowed one with an after-market trick trigger for the IDPA US Nationals a few years back and by the end of the match I was having to re-set it manually (i.e. push the trigger forward again after each shot). Did not do anything for my split times, I can assure you. :oops:
Bushdog
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Bushdog wrote:My (admittedly limited) experience with Glocks is that they tend to work better in original format.
I borrowed one with an after-market trick trigger for the IDPA US Nationals a few years back and by the end of the match I was having to re-set it manually (i.e. push the trigger forward again after each shot). Did not do anything for my split times, I can assure you. :oops:

Yeah, I have read about and heard the same thing. One fellow went to a training school with a tricked out Glock with "add ons" straight out of a Brownells catalog and the gun gave him nothing but trouble. Once it was restored to it's original configuration it worked fine. I have extended slide release on my Glock 21 and it works like a top. My buddy put the same after market slide release on his sub compact Glock in 45 caliber and it was a nightmare for him. The slide release would engage as though the Glock were out ammo and hold the slide open when the magazine was still loaded. It happened routinely often several time within the loaded magazine. I guess the moral of the story is to choose you aftermarket items carefully,

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:31 pm

with glock, leave it alone, seems to be the way to go, i have seen way to many mags dropping out/light strikes etc mid comp lol
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Haggis » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:46 pm

It really depends who modifies your Glock, if you just want to polish a few parts and fit a reputable trigger kit it's within the skills of your average hobbyist.

Mod 1 in Kentucky makes some reliable and accurate Glock customs. I really want a 17L modified by them.
http://mod1firearms.com/3-gun-competition/
Haggis
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:53 pm

tedster wrote:See, I don't like these plastic fantastics, I prefer the shiny S&W's on the other thread! :)

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

I'm with you on that one. I've never have gotten the accuracy with a plastic fantastic that I've gotten with shiny metal. One of my buddies who grew up with plastic "the guns to have" got a wide eyed awakening when he shot one of my 357 revolvers. It was one of my Pythons. It could have just as easily been any of my 357's. I like both types gun and they have their use and place. Still there's nothing like a well crafted 357 revolver or a 1911. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:50 pm

I went to the Springfield, Massachusetts Gun Show today. It was somewhat smaller than in the past and not very well attended. I bought a Lonw Wolf button rifled barrel for my Glock 34 (9 mm with a longer slide than the Glock 17 but somewhat shorter than the Glock 17L Longs Side). The barrel is a drop in replacement for the factory barrel. I have a spare Glock 23 barrel in 40 caliber and I tried to see if it would fit the in the barrel "bushing" for the Glock 34. As I suspected the barrels are not interchangeable. The 40 caliber is over sized but no by much. I can see where Lone Wolf could make a 40 dimensioned barrel and chamber it in 9 mm. There's not much difference in the barrel diameter so it would appear that the gun would function with the proper extractor if they interchange. There was some interesting Glock replacement parts some of which were more expensive than a complete new pistol.

As a aside I spoke with an auctioneer who specializes in estate sales of firearms. My wife and daughters are always on "my case" about what would they do with my guns and gun related paraphernalia (books, scopes, reloading equipment etc.) after my demise. Note that I have no plans of going anywhere soon. I did show his some of photo's of my guns that I posted on this site. He said that happily come to the house anytime to collect them. Now perhaps the wife and daughter will leave me be. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Calfed » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:44 am

flintlok wrote:
tedster wrote:See, I don't like these plastic fantastics, I prefer the shiny S&W's on the other thread! :)

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

I'm with you on that one. I've never have gotten the accuracy with a plastic fantastic that I've gotten with shiny metal. One of my buddies who grew up with plastic "the guns to have" got a wide eyed awakening when he shot one of my 357 revolvers. It was one of my Pythons. It could have just as easily been any of my 357's. I like both types gun and they have their use and place. Still there's nothing like a well crafted 357 revolver or a 1911. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I have to agree about the accuracy of wheel guns. I had to qualify at 50 yards with my 2 1/2" model 10 and never had any problem. I shot a number of 99.6's with it. I also had to qualify with my model 49 "bodyguard" and never failed to do so, although never with the same score as my Model 10 or model 66.

The model 10 and 66 both shot better than my most accurate semi, which I would have to say was the S&W model 1076, followed closely by the SIG 226. Some time after switching to semi's, the bureau eliminated the 50 yard shooting for qualification.
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Calfed » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:46 am

flintlok wrote:I went to the Springfield, Massachusetts Gun Show today. It was somewhat smaller than in the past and not very well attended. I bought a Lonw Wolf button rifled barrel for my Glock 34 (9 mm with a longer slide than the Glock 17 but somewhat shorter than the Glock 17L Longs Side). The barrel is a drop in replacement for the factory barrel. I have a spare Glock 23 barrel in 40 caliber and I tried to see if it would fit the in the barrel "bushing" for the Glock 34. As I suspected the barrels are not interchangeable. The 40 caliber is over sized but no by much. I can see where Lone Wolf could make a 40 dimensioned barrel and chamber it in 9 mm. There's not much difference in the barrel diameter so it would appear that the gun would function with the proper extractor if they interchange. There was some interesting Glock replacement parts some of which were more expensive than a complete new pistol.

As a aside I spoke with an auctioneer who specializes in estate sales of firearms. My wife and daughters are always on "my case" about what would they do with my guns and gun related paraphernalia (books, scopes, reloading equipment etc.) after my demise. Note that I have no plans of going anywhere soon. I did show his some of photo's of my guns that I posted on this site. He said that happily come to the house anytime to collect them. Now perhaps the wife and daughter will leave me be. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Let us know how that Lone wolf barrel works.

Careful about letting your wife know how mch those guns are worth...don't want to be worth more dead than alive to them :D
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Previous

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder