divine

FBI Glock 22

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

FBI Glock 22

Postby Calfed » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:15 am

I posted a few FBI revolvers on another thread...figured I might as well post a few pics of my FBI Glock

Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Re: FBI Glock 22

Postby mathspete » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:35 am

Nice :thup: Oh how I wish we could shoot those here :thdn:
BSA Super meteor and tornado gas ram
AA S410 TDR, Weirauch 100, Rapid 12 FAC, 5 shotguns
Anschutz 1517 &1417, Ruger 10-22 22LR
CZ 550 22-250, CZ 452 17HMR
Sako L61 270, CZ 527 .204
Lee Enfield No 4, Mauser 7.92
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:53 am

mathspete wrote:Nice :thup: Oh how I wish we could shoot those here :thdn:

;) ;) :razz: :) :)
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Johnny5 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Nice! :thup:
Johnny5
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Nice!!! I have a Glock 23 as it's the midsize frame and easier to carry as well as a Glock 19 should I decide to carry. I bought a Glock 34 (9 mm) for range blasting. I sort of have fallen for the 9's again and I not so much enthralled by the 40's. Interestingly the FBI has just put out a request for proposal for a new service firearm in 9 mm to replace their existing 40's. I guess it is back to the future for the FBI or maybe they are just fickle.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:34 pm

flintlok wrote:Nice!!! I have a Glock 23 as it's the midsize frame and easier to carry as well as a Glock 19 should I decide to carry. I bought a Glock 34 (9 mm) for range blasting. I sort of have fallen for the 9's again and I not so much enthralled by the 40's. Interestingly the FBI has just put out a request for proposal for a new service firearm in 9 mm to replace their existing 40's. I guess it is back to the future for the FBI or maybe they are just fickle.

they should go for the glock20 the caliber they used to use
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Haggis » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Drop a G17 barrel and magazines into the mix and you can shoot 9mm in same frame.
Haggis
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:27 pm

Haggis wrote:Drop a G17 barrel and magazines into the mix and you can shoot 9mm in same frame.

Since the 17 and the 22 are different calibers ( 9 mm and 40 S&W) you would need the the correct slides for each barrel as I believe the barrels are dimensionally different as well as the extract location. That scenario does work nicely with a 357 Sig barrel and you can use the same slide and the same mags for the Sig as you can for the 40.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Calfed » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:07 pm

Thanks, MP

Haven't shot this and probably won't.

I have a Glock 35 that I shoot in 3 gun matches, though.
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Calfed » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:08 pm

leadpig wrote:

;) ;) :razz: :) :)

Johnny5 wrote:Nice! :thup:

Thanks, guys!
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Calfed » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:23 pm

flintlok wrote:Nice!!! I have a Glock 23 as it's the midsize frame and easier to carry as well as a Glock 19 should I decide to carry. I bought a Glock 34 (9 mm) for range blasting. I sort of have fallen for the 9's again and I not so much enthralled by the 40's. Interestingly the FBI has just put out a request for proposal for a new service firearm in 9 mm to replace their existing 40's. I guess it is back to the future for the FBI or maybe they are just fickle.

I've got a S&W model 3913 that I carry and love to shoot. Also a G35 that I use in 3 gun matches.

I've kinda fallen for the 9 all over again, also. My first issue semi-auto was a 9mm SIG P226 and it was a great gun. Had a 10mm S&W 1076 briefly before they collected them all and returned them to Smith. Was then issued a SIG M11, another 9mm and loved it. Finally was issued a G23 that I carried for the last 10 years of my career. Probably fired 10-12 thousand rounds through it without a single malfunction...none. It was a great duty gun.

I had a personally owned SIG P6 for a while, but traded it along with some boot to my son for his SIG 2340.

I am now on the list at my local "blue label" Glock dealer for a G34.

The Bureau does continuous ammo testing and I guess the latest tests have shown that the 9mm is a sufficiently reliable stopper to again designate as a duty weapon. That doesn't mean that they will collect up all the G22 and G23's, however. Those Glocks will soldier on with the agents that currently have them.
Last edited by Calfed on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Calfed » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Haggis wrote:Drop a G17 barrel and magazines into the mix and you can shoot 9mm in same frame.

flintlok wrote:

Since the 17 and the 22 are different calibers ( 9 mm and 40 S&W) you would need the the correct slides for each barrel as I believe the barrels are dimensionally different as well as the extract location. That scenario does work nicely with a 357 Sig barrel and you can use the same slide and the same mags for the Sig as you can for the 40.

Flinty is right, would require a whole new top end to do the .40 to 9 conversion...which is possible. I know some guys who did it. But the .40 to .357 SIG conversion is much easier and as you described.
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Haggis » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:23 pm

Calfed wrote:

flintlok wrote:

Flinty is right, would require a whole new top end to do the .40 to 9 conversion...which is possible. I know some guys who did it. But the .40 to .357 SIG conversion is much easier and as you described.

Freely available drop in barrels.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/468867 ... less-steel

as said, 9mm mags,

Swap the extractor, which if you own a glock and can detail strip is no big deal.

Youtube has instructions of you get stuck. :razz:
Haggis
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Calfed » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:53 pm

Well, I'm not familiar with Lone Wolf products, but they seem to be good. Not familiar with those conversion barrels.

When you said a G17 barrel, assumed you meant a stock 17 barrel.

As I said, probably won't shoot my G22, but I talked to Lone Wolf and they make conversion barrels for the G35 also. These barrels might be better than stock 9mm, because they probably have a thicker profile than the stock 9mm barrels.
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Haggis » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:14 am

You can shoot lead without the fouling risk in their barrels and the accuracy is improved. 9mm glocks have always shot tighter for me than .40 glocks, your mileage may vary.
Haggis
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Next

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder