divine

New toy

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

Re: New toy

Postby gun nut » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:42 pm

I'm starting to realise why you have no friends Flintsy! :kill: :kill: :kill:
A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range. - Paul Kirchner
A few acorns up the arse'd do 'em the world of good. It might even make them walk upright for a change. - Linegeist
gun nut
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby Sidebyside » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:47 pm

gun nut wrote:I'm starting to realise why you have no friends Flintsy! :kill: :kill: :kill:

Yeah , so what's your excuse ? :thumbs: :clap: :die: :die:
Guns have only two enemies; Rust and Politicians
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby 1in9 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:56 pm

We just need someone to get one of the GSG MP40s and we could have an Eastern Front competition!

The UK's biggest range of rifle magazines with FREE UK delivery http://riflemags.co.uk
1in9
Hunter
Hunter
Trade Member
Trade Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:04 pm

I bought the MP 44 and I don't care for its construction at all. It works fine but it's all pot metal and plastic with a paper thin barrel. It's fun to shoot but there are world's better guns out there.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:31 pm

Well, I got it and I've tried it at the RFD's range. It seems very solidly put together. The serial number is 100002 which makes me wonder if it was actually the second one off the production line as I doubt they made a hundred thousand of them. It's fun to shoot. I can't claim any accuracy as I wasn't shooting for that (Don't start Keef!), just having a blast. It's specified for HV ammo and it cycled two batches of 50 rounds faultlessly save for one jam. Not bad for a 50 round drum magazine. In short, it's fun to shoot.

Coincidentally, around the same time I bought it, Gun Mart did a feature on the (newer and slightly different) same rifle, and the EU want's to bloody well ban all semi autos and any rifle, real or inert copy, that has a military look!
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Have you taken it apart yet. I'm just curious. It seems that most for the knock ups of WW II rifles and sub guns use a modified Cienerrrimfire conversion kit/Atchisson device as use to adapt the M16/AR 15 for 22 rim fire as in this kit http://www.midwayusa.com/product/414445 ... ifle-matte . There kits can vary in quality from pot metal, plastic, and steel to all stainless steel. I'm some tepid on the pot metal, plastic, and steel version of the modification. That's what I have in my Stg 44 22 rim fire rifle. It cycles fine but I don't expect the gun to survive and serious amount of use. I prefer the stainless steel kit. I've been using CCI Standard Velocity in my rifle and that cycles great with no jamming. I also been using high velocity "monkey ammo" due to the 22 shortage and that ammo can be problematic.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Previous

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder