divine

MEP and th EU directive

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

MEP and th EU directive

Postby Keef » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:49 pm

My son sent an e mail to our MEP about the EU proposed directive on banning certain firearms plus other restrictions. He has had this reply:

Thank you for your email regarding the possible alterations to the existing
Firearms Directive.
The Commission only adopted its draft proposals on the 18th November so I
have yet to have the opportunity study them in detail, but I will be
monitoring this issue very closely as it will come to the Internal Market
Committee for scrutiny, which is the committee on which I sit. It will
likely be a few months before the draft legislation comes to the European
Parliament, and in the meantime I will be consulting with stakeholders in
the UK, particularly the various firearms holders associations, to hear
their views and suggested amendments to the Commission proposals.
I will study the concerns you have raised as well as the concerns raised by
other firearms holders who have also contacted me in light of the
publication of the Commission's draft legislation. I certainly agree with
you that we need to avoid a disproportionate bill that places unnecessary
restrictions on lawful firearms holders. The focus of this directive should
be on tackling illegal firearms. Whilst it is too early at present for me to
be able to give you my full position on the draft legislation please do not
hesitate to contact me again on this issue and I will be in touch with an
update once I know what position the European Parliament has adopted on this
directive.
Yours sincerely,
Daniel Dalton MEP

So, more e mails and letters to your MEP may ward off the EU attempts to disarm us.
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Re: MEP and th EU directive

Postby Shootist » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:33 am

I have been looking online for a summary of the proposals with a view to sending them around to MPs and the like. Unfortunately I can find nothing that is both sufficiently concise and accurate. Instead I have found seemingly endless waffle which distracts from the detail. Anyone able to help?
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Asher » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:36 pm

This was the best summary I've been able to find:

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_ME ... 111_de.htm
Asher
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Coldfinger » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:21 am

Ah, I understand now. Stop legitimate shooters then at some time in the future develop a plan for "the control of illegal weapons and explosives in the internal market and especially their entry/import into the single market (especially from the Balkan countries or ex-war zones)"

How about stopping that sh1t first and seeing what that does in the fight against crime and terrorism?

:Facepalm:
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:45 am

Since most AK's kicking around the world are former Com Bloc materials do they intend to have the former Com Bloc states agree to directive.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Coldfinger » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:06 pm

Part of a reply to one of our club members....

" .....the Commission has decided not to forbid the sale of all semi-automatic weapons but only the ones that are considered to be the most dangerous. This constitutes only a small amount of all available semi-automatic weapons. This only concerns former automatic weapons which have been converted into semi-automatic weapons, as well as semi-automatic arms which resemble automatic weapons that are used in armed combat.

The Commission does not propose any changes concerning other types of semi-automatic weapons which citizens can purchase with an authorisation. This includes the following types of semi-automatic weapons in particular: semi-automatic short firearms or short repeating firearms, semi-automatic long firearms whose magazine and chamber can hold more than three rounds together, semi-automatic long firearms whose magazine and chamber cannot hold more than three rounds together, as well as repeating long firearms and semi-automatic firearms with smoothbore and with a barrel which does not exceed 60 cm."
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby red_mamba » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:08 pm

friend of mine wrote to Brussels

Thank you for your email to Mr Farage, apologies for the delay in responding to you, we have had a considerable number of emails on this subject.

At Mr Farage's request I have discussed this issue in detail with colleagues, and listened in person to the views of Registered Firearms Dealers. The EU Commission's draft law has not yet been discussed in the relevant European Parliamentary Committee, so we are not in a position to comment on the detail. However three points are very clear.

First, the weapons used in the Paris atrocity, and more generally the weapons used in most terrorist attacks, are illegally-held weapons. Changing the law on legal gun ownership is therefore unlikely to have any significant impact on the availability of illegal weapons to terrorists. Indeed the EU is clearly the problem, not the solution.

There is extensive evidence that for example Croatia, which recently joined the EU, is a hotbed of smuggling – not only of arms, but also of drugs, people and human organs. It has also been said (and it is no exaggeration) that free movement of goods and people in the EU (and especially the Schengen area) has led to free movement of Kalashnikovs.

Secondly, so far as we understand it the UK already has some of the tightest regulations on firearms in the world. We do not believe that further legislation at the EU level will make any additional contribution to public safety. In any case we in UKIP are opposed in principle to any extension of competences at the EU level.

Thirdly, I understand that the proposed means of deactivating weapons will prevent inspection of the moving parts, actually making it more difficult to identify a weapon with a false certificate of deactivation.

I can therefore confirm that UKIP will be opposing the new EU Firearms proposal. Sadly, however, we fear it will be approved anyway. There is nothing MEPs like more than a nice piece of gesture politics in response to public concern – whether or not their gesture has any practical effect.

Kind regards

Benjamin

The Office of Nigel Farage, Brussels

Don't exactly know what he tried to say in the last section; maybe that they're a bunch of pussies.
The whole point of politics is that you have the power of your voice to be heard by millions. So if they think this is a bunch of shit then they should grow a pair and say so in public,
add a few examples that solidifies the false and stupid claims other politicians try to sell to ppl and collect the votes of those with common sense.

Or maybe they are saying ppl are to stupid to be guided to the light?
red_mamba
Rifleman
Rifleman

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder