divine

M1 carbine range report

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

M1 carbine range report

Postby Calfed » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:12 am

Got a chance for a quick trip to the range and took my Inland and Underwood carbines with me.

Only shot them at 50 yards this trip, but they seem to shoot pretty well...

The Underwood:

And the Inland:

Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Re: M1 carbine range report

Postby flintlok » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:20 am

Nice, I love shooting the carbine. I never could get decent match grade accuracy from my carbine, still they are so light and handy that I wouldn't be without one of them. Years ago Century Arms imported a slew of the from somewhere and they were selling them for $135 each. My brothers and I picked up several. At the same time Los Angeles was havin a gun buy back and was paying $150 for each carbine/semiautomatic surrendered to them. We figured they be a money maker even if we sold them to the LA cops for destruction. Now I wish I had bought ten of them. They were stock military in good shape and we're so inexpensive. Century Arms usually sells junk but this one time they came through with something worthwhile for once.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Ray7756 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Nice looking carbines and good grouping for a first outing, im sure with a bit of work you could tighten those groups

Cheers
Ray
Ray7756
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Calfed » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:41 pm

Ray7756 wrote:Nice looking carbines and good grouping for a first outing, im sure with a bit of work you could tighten those groups

Cheers
Ray

flintlok wrote:Nice, I love shooting the carbine. I never could get decent match grade accuracy from my carbine, still they are so light and handy that I wouldn't be without one of them. Years ago Century Arms imported a slew of the from somewhere and they were selling them for $135 each. My brothers and I picked up several. At the same time Los Angeles was havin a gun buy back and was paying $150 for each carbine/semiautomatic surrendered to them. We figured they be a money maker even if we sold them to the LA cops for destruction. Now I wish I had bought ten of them. They were stock military in good shape and we're so inexpensive. Century Arms usually sells junk but this one time they came through with something worthwhile for once.

Thanks, guys. I started out to do 5 shot groups, but the carbines are just so much fun to shoot that I went with 10 rounds. Ray, I'm sure you are right about tightening those groups. I'm going to give 100 yards a try next time.

I wish the price on these hadn't gone through the roof. A GI M1 carbine is approaching $1K. Flinty, you did well with those Century carbines.

The Inland has a 5-43 or 5-48 Inland barrel on it. It is hard to tell which. The Underwood has an undated Winchester barrel. The Underwood also has a Universal Windings receiver.

Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder