Switch to full style
Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics
Write comments

Re: New Toy...

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:46 am

Tommo wrote:Just an update to the original post.. I have a new addition to the handgun 'collection'.. a very nice TAURUS .357Mag M669. Basically a very close copy of the S&W 66. This has a 6" barrel and is 6 shots. Oh and I've changed the grips on the 1911.. much better looking now.. :thumbs: Happy days..!! :cheers:

P1060422.JPG

P1060423.JPG

1911DD1.JPG

1911DD2.JPG

Very nice toys

Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Update on this thread..

The Taurus M669 .357 revolver I bought last summer has been providing me with hours of research as to its history etc. I seem to have, unintentionally, lucked in on what is, to all intents and purposes, a target model. If you look at the hammer and trigger you can see they are very much different to any usual factory issue. The hammer being flatter and wider (although you can't see that in this photo). Also the gun bears German proof marks from around 1996. All in all it's a very sweet shooter and nicely accurate with .38 full wad-cutters.

P1060422.JPG
Attachments
P1060423.JPG

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:52 am

To repeat an earlier comment , you lucky get, enjoy your freedom and please invite me over sometime :thumbs:

Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:20 pm

mathspete wrote:To repeat an earlier comment , you lucky get, enjoy your freedom and please invite me over sometime :thumbs:

Welcome any time.. but not right now. The whole Island is on lockdown. No-one allowed in, no-one allowed out - except for urgent medical cases. They have even brought in an Island-wide speed limit of 40mph on ALL roads. There is one guy currently in chokey. Flew into the Island in his private plane, gave false name and address when asked at the airport. Arrested and banged up..

Otherwise we're fine here.. LOL

Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:45 pm

Ref the German proof marks it's my understanding that all of the Taurus revolvers brought into the UK came via Germany, hence those marks.

I bought a Taurus long barrel revolver from the dealer who was selling them in UK. I'd been waiting quite a while for it and when I asked where it was he told me it was at proof. He failed to mention that was in Germany and I ended up waiting even more weeks before it was delivered to me.

Anyway that can't be a 1911 can it? it not a .45 and it's made by Ruger!

Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:00 pm

Ruger has been making 1911's for quite a while now. It's their Model Ruger SR1911. It seems the 1911 is being made by everyone, even in Turkey where the are also make the Browning High Power in 9mm. I think that Turkey's gun business is thriving better then the US gun manufactures. :) :) :) :) :)

Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:12 pm

i like taurus always wanted the raging bull in 44mag and hunter in 454 casull as well as the judge :thumbs:

Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:28 am

Welcome to my world. Nice pistol.

——————————————————————————————
mens coats and jackets
Write comments