divine

Remington model 40X

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

Remington model 40X

Postby Calfed » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:14 pm

I recently told a story on myself of having two Winchester 52's in my safe for 7 years without ever sending a round downrange with either. Well, full truth be known...I also have a Remington 40 XB that I've had for 6 years that I have also never fired. I was happy with shooting the 52's, so I decided to get my 40XB ready for action also.

I have a B&L 36X scope which was not being used and bought the mounting hardware.

I don't have any range report yet, but here is the rifle...

Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Remington model 40X

Postby flintlok » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:51 am

Very nice. You have some great rilfles. I recently visited several gun stores. I have loads of ammo because I reload most everything. I was surprised to find ammo is a scarce as he's teeth and the gun rackd depleted of most everything worth buying. It's nice have stuff that you can enjoy.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Calfed » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:08 am

Thanks, Flinty!

Yep, the guns and ammo panic of 2020 is in full swing.

I'm pretty well fixed, not because I saw it coming, but I tend to stock up when ammo is cheap. Some of the 9mm that I bought last year for $9/box is now $30/box, if you can get it, Ditto with most other calibers.

The stock on this 40x is a little rough, but the bore and metal are in great shape. I have a replacement stock in much better shape...

Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Postby libensvolenspotens » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:11 pm

I wish that we could buy as many guns as we liked. Here in UK you need permission to buy every firearm ( With the exception of shotguns). Quite a rigmarole here!
libensvolenspotens
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:53 pm

libensvolenspotens wrote:I wish that we could buy as many guns as we liked. Here in UK you need permission to buy every firearm ( With the exception of shotguns). Quite a rigmarole here!

same over here bud and its getting worse
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Calfed » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:22 am

libensvolenspotens wrote:I wish that we could buy as many guns as we liked. Here in UK you need permission to buy every firearm ( With the exception of shotguns). Quite a rigmarole here!

leadpig wrote:

same over here bud and its getting worse

Well, with our new President, things may start getting bad over here too.

Who gives permission? Is there a limit?
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Postby libensvolenspotens » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:47 pm

The Firearms Certificate is issued by the local police force
For each calibre requested you must provide a reason to hold. If the Police agree they will grant you permission to acquire said calibre and relevant ammunition.
If you wish to change one rifle for another of the same calibre you have to sell the one and then request permission to acquire another (Despite the fact that they are the same calibre)
The time that this takes varies from Police force to Police force but can take months!
libensvolenspotens
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:21 am

We survived many antigun presidents. It takes more than one man to steal our rights. Biden will screw with gun owners but it's unlikely he'll will be successful. Biden has the support of the cities. Over 80% of the US counties supported Trump. The cities are the most violent places. They will remain violent no matter what Biden does and I don't believe that he will do much. The bottom line is that in general as far as US gunowners things will remain status quo. The US population is on the largest gun buying spree in it's history all thanks to the crazy Democrats and Covid. The government has bigger fish to fry now.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Calfed » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:58 pm

libensvolenspotens wrote:The Firearms Certificate is issued by the local police force
For each calibre requested you must provide a reason to hold. If the Police agree they will grant you permission to acquire said calibre and relevant ammunition.
If you wish to change one rifle for another of the same calibre you have to sell the one and then request permission to acquire another (Despite the fact that they are the same calibre)
The time that this takes varies from Police force to Police force but can take months!

Wow, that is quite a process.

So, only one gun per caliber?

Is there an appeal process if you are denied?
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Calfed » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:07 pm

flintlok wrote:We survived many antigun presidents. It takes more than one man to steal our rights. Biden will screw with gun owners but it's unlikely he'll will be successful. Biden has the support of the cities. Over 80% of the US counties supported Trump. The cities are the most violent places. They will remain violent no matter what Biden does and I don't believe that he will do much. The bottom line is that in general as far as US gunowners things will remain status quo. The US population is on the largest gun buying spree in it's history all thanks to the crazy Democrats and Covid. The government has bigger fish to fry now.

I'd like to think you are right, Flinty.

However, I've seen the erosion of gun rights in my state under the Democrat party. Now the VP-elect, who oversaw the dismantling of gun rights in my state as California AG, is in Washington DC. And who is on Biden's short list for US Attorney General? Xavier Becerra, who, if possible, is even worse than Harris on the second amendment.

Oh, and there is this....
https://www.facebook.com/joebiden/photo ... =3&theater
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter

Postby libensvolenspotens » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:38 am

You can have more than one rifle of a particular calibre but require a reason for each one.
I have for example two .22 & two .308. Reasons are for daylight sights & night vision sights.
You could have them for example for target shooting and hunting.

Unfortunately our Firearms Act is a mixed up piece of legislation which has come about as a result of politicians reacting to media pressure, usually after some horrendous mass shooting.
The amended legislation then simply appeases rather than offers any solution or increase in public safety.
libensvolenspotens
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder