divine

Foxy - Andrew and his mods

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

Foxy - Andrew and his mods

Postby Beer Hunter » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Guys,

Just been reading a bit on the "other forum" about problems with "foxy" and his wildcat moderators. In his / their defence, I bought one a few weeks ago and while it is not as quiet as my gigantic PES (possibly the quietest on the market), I can carry it all day without having to visit an osteopath and its incredibly well made.

I spoke to him on the phone today and he is sending me a set of .204 baffles FOC to go along with the .243 ones. Great customer service! :)

Recommended.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Re: Foxy - Andrew and his mods

Postby dogfox » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:47 pm

so they are good then kev was thinking of getting one it was a split between that or the pes
dogfox

Postby Beer Hunter » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:53 pm

I think so.
Wait till I get the new baffles and I'll be able to report how it performs "for real".

Even if it is no quieter then I personally wouldn't be to bothered - hearing protection, build, longevity, weight and length are more important to me on a centerfire that ultimate sound reduction.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Beer Hunter » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:45 pm

Just an update on those baffles - I spoke to Andy at 7:30 pm last night and the baffles were sitting here when I got home tonight.
Service or what!!! :D

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Beer Hunter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:49 am

Hopefully Andy will see this - I'm stuck trying to change the baffles!
I've followed the instructions as best I can (http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/care_maintenance.html) but just cannot get the baffles out.
I've tried heading it in very hot water to loosen it off, but just cannot get it apart. It shouldn't be gunged up as it has only had a few rounds through it. I wouldn't like to stick it in a vice in case I mark a new bit of kit!
This is where I am (new baffles on right):
mod.jpg
mod.jpg (218.68 KiB) Viewed 12146 times

Its the part 2nd from right that should come apart between the top and bottom 2 knurled sections (I think :oops: )

Any tips?

Before anyone says - yes the keyboard needs a clean! :DD

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Beer Hunter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:41 am

Panic over - I managed to get it apart in a vice with rubber jaws. Back together with the threads well greased!

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Beer Hunter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:53 am

I just took it out and fired a couple shots - what a difference! :)
Easily as quiet as the PES now.
I'm a happy camper - great product :DD

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby mr smith » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:55 am

Beer Hunter wrote:I just took it out and fired a couple shots -
Kev.

Just as well you don't live in the middle of town then.
Dundee rifle and pistol club
mr smith
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Beer Hunter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:56 am

mr smith wrote:
Beer Hunter wrote:I just took it out and fired a couple shots -
Kev.

Just as well you don't live in the middle of town then.

:lol:
I've shot deer from the back door before ;)

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Foxy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:28 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:Hopefully Andy will see this - I'm stuck trying to change the baffles!
I've followed the instructions as best I can (http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/care_maintenance.html) but just cannot get the baffles out.
I've tried heading it in very hot water to loosen it off, but just cannot get it apart. It shouldn't be gunged up as it has only had a few rounds through it. I wouldn't like to stick it in a vice in case I mark a new bit of kit!
This is where I am (new baffles on right):
mod.jpg

Its the part 2nd from right that should come apart between the top and bottom 2 knurled sections (I think :oops: )

Any tips?

Before anyone says - yes the keyboard needs a clean! :DD

Kev.

The threads will setlle down as they wear into one another as the surface coatings add thickness and a certain roughness to the surface of the material. You will find afer they have been taken apart a dozen times or so they will be silky smooth like a babys bum to unscrew, Not that you can unscrew a babys bum you know.
Glad you are pleased i would apreciate your input on bbs to your findings if posiable as i am having a hard time at present on this matter. My problem arises when a dealer just stocks 30 cal baffle sets and fitt them to any caliber as you have found they work but not as efficiantly as with the corect defuser set but that is beyond my controle. By the way the new Wildcat whisper is now available cal specific to .22 or .17hmr
Andy
Foxy
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Beer Hunter » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:36 pm

Andy,

I'd like to post this up on the BBS, but I'm no longer on there. I was having too many problems with a couple of members and decided to leave a few weeks ago. Hence this forum :)
Please feel free to link this topic on there though.

You are right about the calibre specific baffles - using the smaller ones you sent is like night and day from the 6mm ones originally installed!

Why not send the dealers "bare" mods and then send the calibre specific baffles when sold?

I'll do a full review on here when I get time. Hopefully alongside Robbie's huge collection of mods. I'm pretty sure it will show itself in very good light.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby skany » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi all

Nice forum lads :D

glad ur happy with ur mod Kev

out of intrest has anyone tried the compact one on a 243Ai or the like?

dont spose u could do a pic of it screwed together & complete kev could u as the pic on the other fourm ddint look that great? :oops:

cheers ANdy
skany
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Beer Hunter » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:11 pm

skany wrote:dont spose u could do a pic of it screwed together & complete kev could u as the pic on the other fourm ddint look that great? :oops:

Will do tonight :)

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby skany » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:35 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:
skany wrote:dont spose u could do a pic of it screwed together & complete kev could u as the pic on the other fourm ddint look that great? :oops:

Will do tonight :)

Kev.

Nice one dude:-)

Andy
skany
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Beer Hunter » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:20 pm

Andy,

Here you go (you may need to open your browser full screen to see the whole pics) :

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Next

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder