divine

Bloomin AIs.

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

Bloomin AIs.

Postby Blue2 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:00 pm

AI, is it worth it.
Having a 243 AI and 22-250 AI, I have decided that they are not worth the bother.
The 22-250 AI is the better performer if you compare to the standard 22-250. I can get 4000 fps from a 50 grainer with very (and I mean very) good accuracy.
The 243, I have not managed to get any more than 40fps more from the AI than the 243 Win. Add the neck turning (.270) and the abysmal cycling issue, I completely fail to see the benefit.
I know on some forums, slating the AI may cause me abuse, but realistically, I see more problems than benefits. Neither my 22-250AI or 243AI will cycle well reliably. My MKV 243 will cycle anything at any time and never jam. My AI jams if you are not really careful, add that to the very marginal benefit of 2% at best increase in velocity, I'll be sticking to standard chambers from now on.
Blue2
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Re: Bloomin AIs.

Postby hungryrob » Sun May 25, 2008 2:20 pm

Blue2 wrote:I know on some forums, slating the AI may cause me abuse

Using the word Ackley on this forum is a crime :razz:

I know where you're coming from though. Guns are for shooting, not endless messing around with...

Robbie :)
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder