divine

CCI sub-sonic

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

CCI sub-sonic

Postby alan108 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:18 pm

Hi, has any one had problems with CCi subsonic ammo in .22 lr lead hollow point? they are very tight in my cz 452 and 2or three out of every 10 seems to 'go supersonic' with a louder crack and a shift in impact. the part no. is 0056. thanks
alan108
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: CCI sub-sonic

Postby humperdingle » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:34 pm

I've heard a few people complain about these in CZs. Never tried them myself though. If you search on the BBS i'm sure it'll come up with a couple of sizeable threads on the issue.
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby The Burpster » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:04 pm

EXACTLY the same for me in my Finnfire. Lovely accurate round. Some go supersonic, and they are WAY too tight in teh chamber, ie cant extract and unfired chambered round. MOST frustrating.

On the plus side it inspired me to keep trying neww ammo and now I've found Lapua, both teh Finnfire and I are very 'appy!

:thup:
Every day you wake up is a good day!

Bob.
The Burpster
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby alan108 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:41 pm

The Burpster wrote:EXACTLY the same for me in my Finnfire. Lovely accurate round. Some go supersonic, and they are WAY too tight in teh chamber, ie cant extract and unfired chambered round. MOST frustrating.

On the plus side it inspired me to keep trying neww ammo and now I've found Lapua, both teh Finnfire and I are very 'appy!

glad to hear that,i've found Eley subsonic plus to suit my CZ. :)
alan108
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby pierred » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:30 pm

alan108 wrote:
The Burpster wrote:EXACTLY the same for me in my Finnfire. Lovely accurate round. Some go supersonic, and they are WAY too tight in teh chamber, ie cant extract and unfired chambered round. MOST frustrating.

glad to hear that,i've found Eley subsonic plus to suit my CZ. :)

try the lapua i think you will find they are better
pierred
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Chris St. MH » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:12 pm

CCI Minimag HVs also feel like you need a mallet to close the bolt on my 452.
Chris St. MH
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby alan108 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:54 pm

I've tried CCi Blazers and they are ok, the CCi velocitors are just getting tight,but go through ok,i've been informed that the rim on the subs are thicker than the others,and thats what causes the problem.i have the same problem ejecting an unfired case,having to "dig" it out.
alan108
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby dollyferret » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:38 pm

on sakos 22s the chamber is very very slightly shaped as opposed to parallel on cheaper 22s,hence their superb accuarcy,downside is trying to eject an unfired round,i use eley subs all the time as i have done the tour round the factory,quality control is superb,the cases used are tenex (the brilliant target round)used to be a problem a few years ago with cycling problems in semi autos,now solved using tenex cases,(my oppo has cycling probs using eleys subs but elvis and lord lucan are hiding in the crap in his chamber,surprised he can even load it),when you see how many olympic shooters use tenex,they must be doing something right,BUT NOT EVERY RIFLE WIL LIKE THEM OR EVEN THE OWNERS,when u stand in the gun shop and hear the famous words WOTS THE CHEAPEST 22 YOU GOT AND THEN HAVE A BOX OF 50
if you can read this,thank a teacher.
if you can read this in english,thank a soldier
dollyferret
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder