Switch to full style
Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics
Write comments

CZ 452 .22LR - Raceway polishing?

Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:16 pm

How smooth can the bolt be made by polishing the raceways? I only ask because mine has felt quite stiff since day one. Or are there any other ways of smoothing up the action?

Many thanks,

Don

Re: CZ 452 .22LR - Raceway polishing?

Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:25 pm

Have a look at this http://rimfireshooting.com/index.php?showtopic=3129

Steve

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:00 pm

Thanks for the link mate, I'll give it a try.....

Don

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:17 pm

Unless it is causing functional problems, I would just use it more. They polish themselves in with time and use.

Kev.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:46 pm

I had a similar problem with a CZ - only I used Solvol Autosol to bed-in the parts. The safety catch was the worst part - notchy and noisy - but after coating the bolt and the safety cam with Solvol, and then working the action for about 20 minutes (I needed to reapply the paste twice more) the whole thing loosened up and quickly became silky smooth.

After stripping, cleaning and reassembling - followed by a light application of gun oil, it felt like a totally different rifle, the safety becoming completely silent and thumb-flickable and the cocking action was soooo smooooth. :) :) :)

Well worth a try! :thup: :thup: :thup:

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:14 am

Boggit,

Either method above will sort the inital 'roughness' of the action. I've found that using the car engine oil treatment STP as the re-build lube gives a better feel and will last longer being designed to 'stick' to metals as opposed to mineral based oils. (BTW STP is a very good case resizing lube, has taken over from my standard Imperial wax)

Terry

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:25 pm

Thanks for all the info guys, looks like I have 2 forms of attack!

Cheers,

Don
Write comments