Switch to full style
Write comments

buying a firearm online

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:27 am

I used Gunbroker.com to sale a Desert Eagle in an auction. The buyer who won the auction decided to use Pay Pal as a method to pay for the auction of $850.00. I have no way to control how the buyers pays for this new pistol so he used Pay Pal. I went to withdraw my money and Pay Pal decided not to allow me to withdraw my money. They said "they do not allow firearms" to use pay pal. As the seller, I did not know the buyer would use this method to pay me. Needless to say, it has been 3 weeks and pay pal will not release my money and has placed a hold on my money due to the way the buyer paid for the item I had for sale.
The buyer who did not follow pay pal guide lines has my desert eagle in his or her possesion and pay pal has my money and will not allow me to withdraw it.
This is not fair. I have no control of buyers as a seller., but paypal has punished me by not allowing me to get funds paid to me because the buyer did not know their rules.
My question, would you be upset? I am.
Don't use pay pal for anything associated with firearms. Pay Pal should not list their services on a page that does not allow a purchase. I am very upset and would like my money. If you have ever went through this, let me know. I have contacted AZ. Attorney general and they would like to know more their practices and what is going on with other sellers like myself. I did not curse, did not say anything untrue, or streach the truth, so there is nothing in this email that is against the posting rules.

Re: buying a firearm online

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:30 am

who was in possession of the gun at the time of the sale :?:
why did the auction house or the possessor at the time release the gun before the funds were cleared :? :?
if I were you I'd take my grievance up with them :idea: :thup:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:42 pm

When selling guns through 'gunstar' I have never had any issues with PayPal, if the buyer has happened to try to stop payment this will cause your money to be held, they may be trying to pull a fast one (I.E. Saying goods not received when they have received the firearm) paypal is good if your buying but can be a pain if your selling,

Chris

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:16 pm

Generally Paypal sucks. They don't allow gun purchases at all and they will screw around with you and you money if you try to use them to buy guns. I've use paypal for other things but I don't trust them at all. Paypal is not a credit card company or a bank and very few if any state and federal regulations do anything to curb their excesses such as holding you money when they have no intention of completing a transfer. If it makes you feel any better you are not the first to be caught in this web.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:21 pm

contact the buyer & PayPal and agree to refund the money.. buyer must agree to use dif method to pay you...

if buyer does not agree then call the police and say firearm is now stolen.. this also applies to paypal.. theft of monies.. :thdn: :thdn:

real bummer these large corporates.. :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:14 pm

When I've used PayPal I've used it as a conduit of sending/receiving funds for guns, PayPal have never known what the payments were for so this may be why I've had no issues myself, considering its offered as a method of Payment for adverts on gunstar and the likes one would think you'd be ok to buy firearms with it,

Chris

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Can u use the money in PayPal to buy something else!!
Write comments