divine

Aim 55 multicam drag bag

Aim 55 multicam drag bag

Postby Deallad » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:54 pm

You spend £1000 plus on your rifle then another £700-1000 for decent optics so throwing it into a £20-00 gun slip is a no brainer.

It gets knocked when you lean it up against the side of the car and that puts an end to your nights foxing or ages spent re-zeroing the rifle after a fall.

So protect your gear with a bag built to do the job, I like quality kit, you buy a cheapy and the zip goes, the nasty fur gets caught up in it, of the strap comes un stitched.

THE AIM series of drag bags.

I ordered mine from optics warehouse based in Paignton, and come today well wrapped, though there was no need to wrap it so well as the bag is bomb proof.

It swallowed my Remington VSSF 22-250 with sound mod attached with ease, back to the bag, it's quality well made and has two pouches on the outside big enough to take all your shooting kit.

straps inside secure the rifle to the centre of the bag ensuring that if it fell the optics or the rifle would not take a blow. On the rear there is another pouch, inside, shoulder straps so you can back pack it leaving both hands free, an internal pocket to take the butt of the rifle so no pull on the zipper.

The stitching is strong, built to take abuse and last, I get the feeling that AIM wanted to build the ultimate bag and the have.

Youtube video about the Aim drag bag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s6y9Jc3v34

Enjoy the review, if you value your kit buy one

Mike
CZ 455.22LR 17HMR 22WMR
Marlin 39a 22 & 336 in 30-30win
RUGER 1022
Henry 22wmr & 45/70gov
Remington 700 Police LTR 223 S&B 5-25X56 PM11 P3 FFP
Accuracy Int AXMC 300 Win Mag S&B 5-25x56 PM!! P4F FFP
Benelli M2
NRA QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR
Deallad
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Aim 55 multicam drag bag

Postby TheSquire » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Nice review, how much was the bag then?
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target.........
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." General John Sedgwick
TheSquire
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Tommo » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Yep.. they are the best available to us in the UK without paying silly money for the Blackhawk stuff. I've had mine for about three years and it's hardly looking a day older than when I got it. As you say, it will hold most shooter's needs. I have managed to pack into mine a 20x60x80 spotting scope, binos, waterproofs, cleaning kit, ammo, small first aid kit, camera and a tri-legged bench rest. The addition of the slot inside for a full length cleaning rod makes a world of difference too. The attention to detail, where it really matters, on the fixing and stitching points is excellent. You just know that, even heavily loaded, this bag wont let you down. :thup: :thup: :thup: :grin:

I think mine cost around £140.00, direct from John at AIM.
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth...

NRA qualified RCO.. and all-round good egg :)
Tommo
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Ageing Manxman. Formerly of Southport, now back home in the Isle of Man

Postby Deallad » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:37 pm

They cost £149-00 or £159-00 inc. shipping but will last a lifetime, I have bought 3 or 4 cheap bags over the last few years then found loss of zero on the range, you won't with one of these.

Also they are made in the UK, so a few ££'s more keeps British folk employed.

They just ooze quality.

Mike
CZ 455.22LR 17HMR 22WMR
Marlin 39a 22 & 336 in 30-30win
RUGER 1022
Henry 22wmr & 45/70gov
Remington 700 Police LTR 223 S&B 5-25X56 PM11 P3 FFP
Accuracy Int AXMC 300 Win Mag S&B 5-25x56 PM!! P4F FFP
Benelli M2
NRA QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR
Deallad
Hunter