divine

Shoot Buddy needed around Heathrow

Need some help on an existing permission? Here's the place to ask!

Re: Shoot Buddy needed around Heathrow

Postby maxtich » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Even moderated c/f are noisey albeit the noise is directional.
h.t.h
maxtich
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby plugg » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:18 am

Wackerrat45 wrote:Ok all.
When I said cleared for shotguns I meant the landowner is ok with shotguns, albeit in the other fields. Not regarding the FAC clearance, maybe I should have been more clear. The horses on the site are very valuable show ones and the owner is concerned her horses might be spooked with loud noises. This I have already agreed with her that we will respect her wishes. The area where the foxes are being a pest is right by the stables. Therefore shotguns and un moderated centre fires may be a problem.
I agree I am new to the FAC law and am reading up on it more, but to think I'm a idiot is wrong, I have fired large calibre guns in the past and know about gun safety and backstops, etc. My main concern is with the livestock and my permission owners wishes.

Firstly get off your high horse, no-one said you was an idiot. The only mention of an idiot was made by yourself!

The other thing is my comments are constructive criticism. They are intended to advise and educate because when it comes to firearms law if you get it wrong with any aspect you could end up in prison in breach of legislation or on a charge of murder.
Your landowner isn't in a position to clear land for firearms use. With someone who has a closed certificate she/he can only give permission to shoot, she/he can't give permission to use any calibre. The police do that and it is upto the certificate holder to have the land cleared for their intended calibre. If something goes wrong on that land with someone who has a closed certificate and shooting a .300RUM and it isn't cleared for .300RUM your landowner (and possibly you as you are acting as her/his agent in finding a shooter for the foxes) is in deep trouble.

What calibre has the land been cleared upto if the land has already been cleared for CF?
Its not a trick question or one intended to mislead.
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Wackerrat45 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:19 am

I'm Tired and need sleep, been working all night and most of day so i am not making great sence at moment, and cant seem to get my point across. i Know what you mean and apprieciate your input. the landowner has a Shotgun and used to use it but no longer due to He's age, but said the land is already known to the FEO as land that is cleared for rifles including Centrefire. not sure how high calibre but can find out what he is cleared for. (land wise) the previuous hunter that hunted Foxes used (from the info the owner has told me) Rimfires. only he wasnt very good, as he never waited for the foxes to come out. (gave up too soon). :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz:
http://www.verminhunters.co.uk

Ruger 10/22
Crossman 2240
AA S410 TDR.
Wackerrat45
Musketeer
Musketeer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Stewartyg » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:22 am

plugg wrote:The other thing is my comments are constructive criticism. They are intended to advise and educate

Must say this is all the fellas here ever do. I haven't been on here that long but the advice they have given me is invaluable and would be lost otherwise.

Anyone who comments will only ever be trying to help you but unfortunately it's all in how you read the text as to how it sounds. It can sound sometimes like a rollicking but I would be fairly certain it's not.

What ever the option you go for be safe and over cautious. What are the foxes doing? My honest thought would be if the horses are so valuable and he/she is so protective of them is it worth the risk spooking them, possibly having one break a leg and you or whoever takes the shot ending up with a law suit!?

My advice (and I'm a bunny basher not a charlie chaser) would be try and bait the foxes as far away as you can and then use a shotgun or whatever SUITABLE firearm you have.
Stewartyg
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby scout556 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:55 am

Hi,

Just picked up on this post :Facepalm:

I might be interested if you have anything/sites in the North London area.

BASC, Open Ticket with Centrefire for Fox & Vermin as well as all the other usual stuff!

Drop me a PM if you still looking :thup:

Scout556
if it doesn't go click or bang.............the safety is on!
scout556
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Previous

Return to Shooting buddy wanted