divine

Cancel your insurance if you sell a motor!

Got a shooting vehicle or just a run about?

Re: Cancel your insurance if you sell a motor!

Postby flintlok » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Wow, that's interesting. Generally, I would have thought that once the registration was transferred that would have been the end of it. Whenever I've bought or sold a car it's has always been through a dealership. They have always taken care of registration and insurance issues before I pick up the car. I've avoided private sales due to such nuances in US laws. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Cancel your insurance if you sell a motor!

Postby Viperteks » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:26 am

Utterly Pathetic :turd: and just a get out for the Insurance Company

I remember in 1981 (I was 16) when my neigbour sold his Yamaha RD250LC to a local lad, the lad died on the bike a day later, his family turned up accusing my neighbour of 'murdering' their son.... :( It transpired the lad had borrowed the money from his mum to buy the bike :( :(

In those days you kept your insurance running, Norwich Union ran a 'any bike' up to a certain CC, that covered you. Almost every biker I knew had that Policy!

Dave
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Return to Members motors