divine

Airgun licensing WILL take place in this parliament

Anything air rifle related

Re: Airgun licensing WILL take place in this parliament

Postby Stewartyg » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:39 am

It's the same as the fuel now-they hike up the charge to try and make more money but in actual fact they push it to far and then people can't afford it so they end up making less!!

Used to think they were putting it up to try and reduce the number of guns but then remembered everything our gov does is for money not us!!

£50 a year would fin me!! Are they bringing this in for you on just air rifles or is it across everything? Could you tweak at the rifles, get them over 12flb and put them on fac before the law changes!?
Stewartyg
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby leadpig » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:28 am

Stewartyg wrote:It's the same as the fuel now-they hike up the charge to try and make more money but in actual fact they push it to far and then people can't afford it so they end up making less!!

Used to think they were putting it up to try and reduce the number of guns but then remembered everything our gov does is for money not us!!

£50 a year would fin me!! Are they bringing this in for you on just air rifles or is it across everything? Could you tweak at the rifles, get them over 12flb and put them on fac before the law changes!?

no,but you could apply for fac air, then get it tweaked,before the law comes in ;) :thup:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby supersnapper » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:54 pm

JUst like the TV licence 140 a year for nothing. Well unless your into watching drivel. Why on earth should anyone in their right mind pay more for a sub 12ftlb air rifle than the FAC boys pay for 50ftlbs.! As for stopping or reducing crime, wont work. They tried to stop booze in America ( didnt work). They have waged a war on drugs over here ( didnt work). They banned handguns and gun crimes gone up not down. Its all about fleecing us for more money.! Thats it full stop.!
supersnapper
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Size12jon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Welcome to the world of politics, in a politicians world this is a vote winner and a money spinner. Double bonus!!!
Size12jon
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby caspertguk » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 pm

My belief, if this is true about the licencing of air rifles is this:

The goverment is so hung up on gun crime that it has backed itself into a corner. We all know most all gun crime is of course by unlicenced guns but the goverment need now to continue to enforce what they have put in motion. Air rifle licencing is just the next step on the route to making the ownership of guns either too expensive, or more worrying, un-interesting to people!!!!!

Yes thats right people, If we allow this goverment or any goverment to keep on making things harder for all of us, gun ownership in the U.K will cease to exist.

Imagine if you had not been able to simply go to a shop with your dad when you were 10 and get your first air rifle, simple as that. Would your dad have gone to the trouble of getting the licence then going to the shop or would he have just put you off? Perhaps your dad and mine would have, as they enjoyed shooting as much as we do but somewhere down the line dad's will not want the hassle of applying for a licence for the kids. This then in turn removes the first 6-12 years of shooting from someone's life. In my opinion for most everyone this is how we all get hooked and fall in love with the sport. Remove the first passion of shooting as a child because it's too expensive and troublesome to get a licence and you automaticly reduce the number of legaly held guns in the U.K.

This is not a goverment trying to get our money...Do not make that mistake. It is a goverment trying to reduce or eventualy eradicate legally held firearms in the U.K. Don't believe me? Then look at recent events, WHSMITH banning the sale of airgun/gun magazines to the under 16's! Policy on ownership of airguns by minors being changed! Then the policy on storage of these guns being changed!

I'm not saying that kids should be able to wander around with guns willy nilly, but if i could not let my 3 year old continue his passion for shooting that he allready has, with his dad, then i could see him not bothering with the sport at all. And ok some will say my kids can shoot my guns on my licence but what if you were my dad, he didn't need a licence for his airgun, the only gun he had! And if he hadn't had that i wouldn't have grown up shooting it, and maybe wouldn't shoot now or be as passionate about the sport now.

Take a moment and think on it...........Its not about the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(
caspertguk
Musketeer
Musketeer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Fenrir » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Just to remind everybody this thread relates to Scotland only and not the whole of the UK. Notwithstanding this it must be opposed any way we can as it will create a dangerous precedent.
For the avoidance of doubt, there is no such thing as "American English". There is the English language and there are mistakes.
Fenrir
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby caspertguk » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:48 pm

Fenrir wrote:Just to remind everybody this thread relates to Scotland only and not the whole of the UK. Notwithstanding this it must be opposed any way we can as it will create a dangerous precedent.

agreed, and it will soon be coming to the U.K if we can't stop it in Scotland!
caspertguk
Musketeer
Musketeer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby supersnapper » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:13 am

Is it sensible to obey a law that doesn't make any sense.? :hmm:
supersnapper
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby FXL5 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:07 pm

supersnapper wrote:Is it sensible to obey a law that doesn't make any sense.? :hmm:

Not in the slightest - but that won't help you in court!
"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve Order in the world as well as property . . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." -

Meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder.
FXL5
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby supersnapper » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:50 am

Not in the slightest - but that won't help you in court!

Hmmmmmm, sounds a lot like dictatorship too me.
supersnapper
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Cam » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:28 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-20720203

1/2 million airguns in Scotland with 195 offences.

Yeah, I can see the need for licencing! :roll: :mad:
Cam
Hunter
Hunter

Postby URX » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:02 am

its all about 'being seen to do something' in the chase for soundbites and influencing the weakminded to vote for them :turd:
One gun retubed, one built and another being built by http://www.ukgunworks.co.uk
URX
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Fenrir » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:56 am

I thought the interesting bit was this,
Under the new scheme, anyone wanting to own an air gun would need to demonstrate they had a legitimate reason for doing so.

If I read that correctly the requirements for ownership will be similar to those for an FAC and more strict than for s2 shotgun. I suspect that anomaly will not exist for long and the requirements for s2 will increase.
For the avoidance of doubt, there is no such thing as "American English". There is the English language and there are mistakes.
Fenrir
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby supersnapper » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:24 pm

I expect the government will not stop till they have successfully abolished all gun ownership in this country, that is except for shotguns.! Why wont they abolish shotguns?, because the Queen and the rest of the toffee nose stuck up snobs have got to have their grouse shooting, so you will NEVER see shotguns banned.! For that reason best bet is for us all to go out and buy a shotgun ( safest Bet).
supersnapper
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Fenrir » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:46 pm

supersnapper wrote:I expect the government will not stop till they have successfully abolished all gun ownership in this country, that is except for shotguns.! Why wont they abolish shotguns?, because the Queen and the rest of the toffee nose stuck up snobs have got to have their grouse shooting, so you will NEVER see shotguns banned.! For that reason best bet is for us all to go out and buy a shotgun ( safest Bet).

This has nothing to do with the government, and all to do with the Scottish Parliament particularly the SNP.
Fenrir
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Airguns and FAC air