divine

Airgun licensing WILL take place in this parliament

Anything air rifle related

Re: Airgun licensing WILL take place in this parliament

Postby supersnapper » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Fenrir wrote:
supersnapper wrote:I expect the government will not stop till they have successfully abolished all gun ownership in this country, that is except for shotguns.! Why wont they abolish shotguns?, because the Queen and the rest of the toffee nose stuck up snobs have got to have their grouse shooting, so you will NEVER see shotguns banned.! For that reason best bet is for us all to go out and buy a shotgun ( safest Bet).

This has nothing to do with the government, and all to do with the Scottish Parliament particularly the SNP.

I got no doubt that if the scots parliament bring it in the english will no doubt follow suit pretty damn rapidly. It will be too good a chance to impose further restrictions on people who want to own guns.
supersnapper
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby English » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:21 pm

The Scottish Government have nowisued their consultation on this and it conains a LOT of really bad things.

Basically they intend to stop people from plinking in their own gardens! Which Would kill off most shooting and would stop lots of youngsers from getting to our sport - its how many actually started!

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/media/key_iss ... CD44780137

We need tostart "conulting" c'mon guys start writing!
If it has a trigger I'm gonna enjoy it!

Look - an eagle!

http://www.ukgunworks.co.uk/
English
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Keef » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:18 pm

English wrote:We need tostart "conulting" c'mon guys start writing!

You can't consult with people who have already made up their minds that they want to ban something and see their policy as a vote catcher.

We may think we live in a democracy but it's actually far from one. Those with power always want to impose their idea of Utopia.
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby English » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:51 pm

Keef, I'm not deluded enough to think we have more than an illusion of democracy with some people, however for as long as I have a home in Scotland I feel obligated to at least say that I opposed something I think is wrong and flawed in the only lawful way possible :Facepalm: :Facepalm: :Facepalm:
If it has a trigger I'm gonna enjoy it!

Look - an eagle!

http://www.ukgunworks.co.uk/
English
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Keef wrote:You can't consult with people who have already made up their minds that they want to ban something and see their policy as a vote catcher.

We may think we live in a democracy but it's actually far from one. Those with power always want to impose their idea of Utopia.

Yeah, welcome the America under the OBama administration. :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby smellywelly » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:41 pm

English wrote:The Scottish Government have nowisued their consultation on this and it conains a LOT of really bad things.

Basically they intend to stop people from plinking in their own gardens! Which Would kill off most shooting and would stop lots of youngsers from getting to our sport - its how many actually started!

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/media/key_iss ... CD44780137

We need tostart "conulting" c'mon guys start writing!

I reacted to the issue of plinking being stopped, and English shooters not being allowed into Scotland without the right paperwork etc,.. about a week ago (amongst the obvious others) and got my first reply back from about 5 folks I wrote to,.. today

Dear Mr xxxxxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the Scottish Government’s proposal to license some air weapons.

The Scotland Act 2012 devolved powers to the Scottish Parliament to regulate air weapons, excluding those considered “specifically dangerous” which will continue to be regulated on a UK basis.

While it is right that it is now open to the Scottish Parliament to license air weapons, whether it should choose to exercise that power is a very different matter.

Gun crime is abhorrent and the Scottish Conservatives fully support well thought out measures which will reduce offences involving weapons as well as the robust enforcement of existing legislation. However, it is not clear that the Scottish Government’s proposals are necessary or proportionate or that they will reduce crime.

Crimes involving air weapons are at an all-time low and have fallen by more than 50% since 2007 without licensing. It is also significant that the vast majority of offences involving air weapons are relatively minor.

I therefore question the use of resources to force owners to register air weapons. I also have concerns over the impact licensing will have on the legitimate use of air weapons, for pest control.

The Scottish Conservatives will not be supporting the Scottish Government’s latest proposal to establish a licensing regime for these reasons.

On the specific point about plinking, the Scottish Government has indicated that it believes the unrestricted practice of plinking should come to an end, but recognises that the issue is a difficult one as the practice is commonly a legitimate one. Notwithstanding my opposition to the introduction of licensing, the Scottish Conservatives will seek to ensure that if licensing is imposed, legitimate practices such as plinking are not unjustifiably curtailed.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about this important matter.

Yours sincerely,

Annabel M Goldie MSP
West of Scotland Region

The BASC site or its employed agents (called 'They work for you' or similar) make this really easy to do .. but you must use your own words and make constructive arguments, and not just copy and paste stuff !

As always its the size of the mail bag that counts !
Black powder smoke ....... the shot seemed ok... but it takes ages to find out :D
smellywelly
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby smellywelly » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Sorry I missed this comment earlier

humperdingle wrote:What a tool he is... How he's still got a job after letting Abdul Bassett Aliquorice Allsort out, i'll never know...

Said in reference to kenny Macaskill

I have to agree .. the man is a complete tool .. educated as he is .. I fear for those who wish for independance in Scotland (which I am not convinced about).. because in the control of people like this .. we are certainly doomed as a country :(
Black powder smoke ....... the shot seemed ok... but it takes ages to find out :D
smellywelly
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby smellywelly » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:32 pm

Dear Mr xxx,

Thank you for your email addressed to Mr Maxwell MSP regarding your concerns about the proposed new licencing scheme for air weapons.

The Scottish Government has a long standing commitment to cracking down on the misuse of firearms and a licensing scheme for airguns can help to further reduce instances of misuse. The Scottish Government believes it is not appropriate for half a million unlicensed firearms to exist in a 21st century Scotland.

A consultation from the Scottish Government is currently open regarding the issue of airgun licensing and Mr Maxwell would encourage you to make a submission and to make your views known to the Government. The closing date for the consultation is the 15th of March and it can be accessed at the following internet address:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0041/00410460.pdf

I hope this has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards,
Colin MacDonald
Constituency Assistant to Stewart Maxwell MSP

Better get a shift on people
smellywelly
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Jack Ferguson » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:40 pm

I have wrote a very emotional reply to the consultation. I don't want to loose the right(well at least it should be a right) to shoot unsupervised. :thdn:
Jack Ferguson
Hunter
Hunter

Postby smellywelly » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:34 pm

And another one yesterday

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the Scottish Government’s proposal to license some air weapons.

The Scotland Act 2012 devolved powers to the Scottish Parliament to regulate air weapons, excluding those considered “specifically dangerous” which will continue to be regulated on a UK basis.

While it is right that it is now open to the Scottish Parliament to license air weapons, whether it should choose to exercise that power is a very different matter.

Gun crime is abhorrent and the Scottish Conservatives fully support well thought out measures which will reduce offences involving weapons as well as the robust enforcement of existing legislation. However, I am not convinced the Scottish Government’s proposals are necessary, proportionate or that it will reduce crime.

Although air weapons are involved in a sizable minority of firearms offences, I do not believe licensing these weapons will have the effect of reducing crime. I would also question the necessity of forcing owners to register air weapons when, like all other firearms offences, crimes involving air weapons are at an all-time low and have fallen by more than 50% since 2007 without licensing. It is also significant that the vast majority of offences involving air weapons are relatively minor.

It would therefore appear to me disproportionate and an unjustified use of resources to force owners to register air weapons. I also have concerns over the impact licensing will have on the legitimate use of air weapons, like for example sport and pest control.

The Scottish Conservatives will not be supporting the Scottish Government’s latest proposal to establish a licensing regime for these reasons.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about this important matter.

Yours sincerely

Jackson Carlaw MSP

Deputy Leader, Scottish Conservatives
West Scotland

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Carlaw2011
Twitter: @JacksonMSP
Blog: jacksoncarlawmsp.com
smellywelly
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Yessir » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:46 am

smellywelly wrote:Sorry I missed this comment earlier

humperdingle wrote:What a tool he is... How he's still got a job after letting Abdul Bassett Aliquorice Allsort out, i'll never know...

Said in reference to kenny Macaskill

I have to agree .. the man is a complete tool .. educated as he is .. I fear for those who wish for independance in Scotland (which I am not convinced about).. because in the control of people like this .. we are certainly doomed as a country :(

Glad someone in Scotland said it. I can only assume the other Scottish gun owners are prepared to be heavily penalized and treated like criminals for nothing when they get their independence?. Huge licensing fees?, a CAP on the number of guns you can own on an FAC?, and an airgun license that only applies to you and not the granny shooting chav across the street?. I know gun ownership isn't everything but...

All these guys seem to want is the contents of your gun cabinets and wallets :thdn: :? :!: . For daring to acquire guns legally.
Yessir
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Yessir » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 pm

Do none of the other scots have any comments regarding independence and the anti gun lefty salmond types who are getting the extra powers?. I don't want to be awkward but I'm just confused :oops: . I know I've got more than three guns on my FAC and there's no way id vote for something that lead to plod coming round and saying I need to hand over seven out of ten of my guns and then pay far more for renewals :shock: :thdn:. What do they think your going to arm up some militia groups or something?.

That would be single-issue politics for me I'm afraid, screw them and everything else they're about if I was up there.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/323340 ... ip-of-guns

“It concerns me that gun owners, even those with a legitimate need for such weapons, can accumulate multiple firearms and that there is no apparent limit."

“It is one of the areas where the Scottish Government would, if given the proper powers over firearms in Scotland, aim to legislate to ensure that we can better control the number of lethal weapons in society and thereby help to protect and reassure the Scottish public.”

Mr MacAskill also said he would like a review of fees that mean a gun licence costs just £50, compared to a TV licence at £145.50.

Confused.
Yessir
Hunter
Hunter

Postby smellywelly » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:35 pm

The only bonus is, that even if independance happens ... we dont need to have the same party to govern us.. that fought for it :)
smellywelly
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Fedaykin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:59 pm

I am slightly dubious about the £50 a year fee quoted, that figure as a one off for five years is more believable. If it is true it would kill Airgun's as an industry and a sport in this country! For that cost I would just sell up my old air rifle albeit it would be virtually worthless due to everybody else doing the same thing! Of course as mentioned the Chavs with their cheap springers shooting dogs and baby's wouldn't bother. They would effectively make it more costly to shoot a far less powerful gun!

Just another contradictory absurdity on top of so many others! So I have to join an airsoft club or become a reenactor if I want a Colt 1911 airsoft pistol in black but if it is Orange or blue I can buy it in a market no questions asked! Or I can buy a Colt 1911 air pistol that is more powerful then an airsoft pistol from any suitable gun shop with no restrictions beyond age (for the moment)! I can't buy a replica of a Colt 1911 unless I am a reenactor but I can buy a deactivated Colt 1911 from a militaria show no questions asked!
WEIHRAUCH HW97K .22
BSA Lee Enfield No.4 MK1 .303
CSA Sa vz.58 .223
Fedaykin
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Yessir » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:23 am

Or you could just nip to Manchester and pick up some hand grenades and some Glock 9mm semi-autos, but never mind that, banning I mean licencing airguns will make us feel all warm and happy about ourselves. Same with requiring a special license in Scotland for a business to sell knives other than those for domestic purposes such as kitchen and craft knives even though the police have pointed out that they are the ones used in the vast majority of knife crime.

Scotland has really become quite the supreme nanny state.
Yessir
Hunter
Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Airguns and FAC air