divine

Laser Designators

Anything air rifle related

Laser Designators

Postby supersnapper » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Has anyone on here tried a laser designator with adjustable width beam for night shooting.? I cant afford night vision gear proper so was considering a green beam laser designator for night rat shooting. Are they more efficient than say a small cree led with a green filter? which is what I currently have at the moment. Is a laser brighter than the torch? Would it scare away a rat or rabbit when its turned on.? Anyone tried one of these what kind of results do you get with them.? I dont want to fork out for one if they are no good.
supersnapper
Rifleman
Rifleman

Re: Laser Designators

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:37 pm

supersnapper wrote:Has anyone on here tried a laser designator with adjustable width beam for night shooting.? I cant afford night vision gear proper so was considering a green beam laser designator for night rat shooting. Are they more efficient than say a small cree led with a green filter? which is what I currently have at the moment. Is a laser brighter than the torch? Would it scare away a rat or rabbit when its turned on.? Anyone tried one of these what kind of results do you get with them.? I dont want to fork out for one if they are no good.

had my ND3 X 50 sub zero for about 31/2 months now and it`s responsable (combined with the 250) for the demise of 19 foxes. :thup: :thup:
spot them with the lamp,squeak em in,get the laser on em through the scope stop em and lights out :grin: :grin:
had loads of rabbits also with the hummer but not been ratting with it
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby supersnapper » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Okay thanks for that, I might consider investing in one then. I have never tried one so didnt know if they worked or not. i seen a few video reviews on them on youtube and they dont look too bad. Might be an improvement on my cree led torch. :)
supersnapper
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby MrBarnDoor » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:41 am

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! My mate has just bought a Nite Site and it's incredible. He's bought the bigger version at £600 as he also wants to shoot foxes, but there is a smaller version for shooting shorter ranges. It's like a small lamp/screen which attaches to the top of your normal scope, and a camera is push fit onto the eyepiece . Switch it on and thats it! the screen shows what the camera sees down your scope, reticule and all, except its all infra red so you are in complete darkness. He's been head shooting rabbits with his rimfire at 80m and can use his scope to zoom in to see rats teeth at 40m!! Awesome. He got it from http://www.dsctraining.org I can't wait to get one
MrBarnDoor

Postby Keef » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:07 pm

MrBarnDoor wrote:Oh boy oh boy oh boy! My mate has just bought a Nite Site and it's incredible. He's bought the bigger version at £600 as he also wants to shoot foxes, but there is a smaller version for shooting shorter ranges. It's like a small lamp/screen which attaches to the top of your normal scope, and a camera is push fit onto the eyepiece . Switch it on and thats it! the screen shows what the camera sees down your scope, reticule and all, except its all infra red so you are in complete darkness. He's been head shooting rabbits with his rimfire at 80m and can use his scope to zoom in to see rats teeth at 40m!! Awesome. He got it from http://www.dsctraining.org I can't wait to get one

Please be aware that MrBarnDoor is Steve Lofthouse who designs the web site for and operates DSCTraining.

This is published on that site:

All of the items for sale here are being sold by individual sellers who we are pleased to offer this 'shop window' service to.

DSCTraining.org acts like sites such as Amazon where your purchase is made using our site but the sale is between you and the seller directly.

We only allow a few trusted suppliers to use this service, and we would welcome your feedback about the service they provide

Please look closely at the seller of each item to ensure that they are selling as individuals. If they are not then they are subject to the Sale of Goods Act and you have protection inlaw on you purchase which you do not have when buying privately.
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby supersnapper » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Well 600 pounds is well out of my price range anyway. I like the night sights but just cant run to that. :)
supersnapper
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby warrior » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi everyone,
What is the best type or most popular rifle/shotgun sighters.
im confused as there are cartridge laser sighters, bore laser sighters that just go in end of barrel and the laser type that mount onto your scope.
any answers please.
warrior

Postby Phil2174 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:27 pm

You can make your own NV system for less than £150. Very similar to the ns 200. I've just done it and tested it this evening. After a few teething problems it was better than expected. It was used out to 27 yards on rats. I am rabbiting tomorrow night out to fifty yards. After that if all is well it will then go on my .22 lr for rabbiting out to 80 yds max. :grin: :grin:
http://www.btinternet.com/~bejay_uk/Antitamper/

12g O/U
Air Arms S410 carbine
Ruger 10-22
Slot for .223
Phil2174
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Airguns and FAC air