divine

BSA super 10 ??

Anything air rifle related

BSA super 10 ??

Postby 1066 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:08 pm

I have just bought a secondhand Super10, It's in fair condition but far from new. It's FAC rated and putting out just over 20ftlbs. Shooting it for the first time today, the accuracy at 25 yds was fair with thumbnail size 5 shot groups with Bisley Magnum pellets but at 50 yds the groups were pretty loose. Again the magnum pellets gave the best accuracy with groups around the 1.5 inch. Next best were Long range gold.
Other pellets tried were old Eley wasps, Old Barracuds. dynamic Tac 2, Bis pest control, Bis Premier, Bis Practice, Bis super field.

My questions are ;
What is the difference between the 12ft and the FAC version (could I have a standard version that has been tweaked up?) There's no sticker on the regulator.

Assuming I can get the power up nearer the 30ftlb mark what pellets would be worth a try?

Thanks
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Re: BSA super 10 ??

Postby Stewartyg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi supper10 is a great rifle. I have one but never got it rated as I need an fac no matter what f/lb it is!!

I'm happy with the groupings at 25 yards however if I'm shooting further I use the Prometheus pellets. They have a steel head and a plastic skirt with the idea being the skirt swells reducing the amount of air lost and putting more power into the pellet.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's the same rifle just adjusted to different pressures but someone else might clear that up!
Stewartyg
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby leadpig » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:52 pm

same gun just a bigger inlet valve
20 fpe is not that high bud,try normal pellets like aa field ,iirc its above 28fpe you need different pellets
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:06 pm

leadpig wrote:same gun just a bigger inlet valve
20 fpe is not that high bud,try normal pellets like aa field ,iirc its above 28fpe you need different pellets

I'm by no means an expert, couldn't be further TBH but I think you are right Dave :thup:

I'm sure upto 16gr pellets will work pretty well in a sub 20ft/lbs air rifle and heavier from 30ft/lbs. (28ft/lbs as you said)

I'm sure someone will be along to clear it up.
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby humperdingle » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Is it .22?

If so, I could send you a few of each of RWS Super-H, RWS superdomes and a couple of others to try.
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby 1066 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Yes, it's a .22 and I'd be please with a few other pellets to try, thanks very much. What I really want to find out is what's the difference between the sub 12ft and the FAC version. - If it's a genuine FAC version then it's down on power and should be fairly easy to get it back to where it should be 28-30ft lb ish.

If it's a sub 12 ft version that has been bumped up, then it might be as good as it gets. What I'm hoping for is someone to say "The FAC version has a transfer port of "X" and on the 12lb version it measures "x" or some other way to tell.
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Postby humperdingle » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:25 pm

PM me your addy and i'll get a few of each in the post as soon as I can.
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:26 pm

1066 wrote:Yes, it's a .22 and I'd be please with a few other pellets to try, thanks very much. What I really want to find out is what's the difference between the sub 12ft and the FAC version. - If it's a genuine FAC version then it's down on power and should be fairly easy to get it back to where it should be 28-30ft lb ish.

If it's a sub 12 ft version that has been bumped up, then it might be as good as it gets. What I'm hoping for is someone to say "The FAC version has a transfer port of "X" and on the 12lb version it measures "x" or some other way to tell.

Does it have a DoM?

I'm thinking if it does and it was a sub 12 originally ramped up then the anti tamper would have been breached...That is if it was made after the anti tamper systems were introduced :hmm:
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby 1066 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:36 pm

plugg wrote:
1066 wrote:Yes, it's a .22 and I'd be please with a few other pellets to try, thanks very much. What I really want to find out is what's the difference between the sub 12ft and the FAC version. - If it's a genuine FAC version then it's down on power and should be fairly easy to get it back to where it should be 28-30ft lb ish.

Does it have a DoM?

I'm thinking if it does and it was a sub 12 originally ramped up then the anti tamper would have been breached...That is if it was made after the anti tamper systems were introduced :hmm:

Ok. Whats the anti tamper device look like - I've gone so far as taken the regulator out but not stripped it down yet?
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Postby plugg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:36 pm

1066 wrote:
plugg wrote:

Does it have a DoM?

Ok. Whats the anti tamper device look like - I've gone so far as taken the regulator out but not stripped it down yet?

Er...I haven't got a clue :oops:
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby 1066 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:13 am

plugg wrote:
1066 wrote:
plugg wrote:

Does it have a DoM?

Er...I haven't got a clue :oops:
:)
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Postby leadpig » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:42 am

a sheered off screw/bolt ;)
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby 1066 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:33 pm

leadpig wrote:a sheered off screw/bolt ;)

Ok, no sign of anyhing like that and it looks as though the regulator will come apart without too much trouble. Any idea where it would be on an S10?
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Postby leadpig » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:00 pm

original fac superten's were at around 30 fpe,i suspect yours is a normal one turned up
but to be fair around 20 fpe is ideal ;)

leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:33 pm

i`m running my .22 rapid at 38 ft/lbs with JSB exact 5.52`s (16 grns) and it shoots flat and accurate with no problems at all except for the 40 shot count from a 400cc bottle :grin: :grin:
imo 16 grn pellets are more than heavy enough even in guns running well above 28 ft/lbs ME
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter