divine

charging a theoben

Anything air rifle related

charging a theoben

Postby ayjaydubya » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi,
I have a theoben sirrocco deluxe .22 manufacture 1985 pre he, I would like to know what is required for me to pump it up. I have a mountain bike shock pump with 200psi/28bar would that do and would i also require a gas ram charging hose, the pump I have has a schraider valve.
Thanks in advance
ayjaydubya
ayjaydubya

Re: charging a theoben

Postby gun nut » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:35 pm

What's the serial number? The very early ones had the port marked 'De-gas' but didn't have an adjustable ram fitted (IIRC). Yes you will also need the theoben adapter to fit from the pump to the gun if it is the adjustable version. They are normally pumped up with a high pressure pump. I can't remember the actual figures but I believe it will be above bicycle pump pressures.
Be careful it you adjust it as it may go above the legal limit!
A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range. - Paul Kirchner
A few acorns up the arse'd do 'em the world of good. It might even make them walk upright for a change. - Linegeist
gun nut
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby 247sniper » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Most air rifle run at 180+BAR!

My old Webly ran at 180 Bar and my Daystate AR ran at 240Bar. My mate has a Theoben Rapid, that operates at 230 Bar,

You wont get that sort of pressure from any bike pump. You can buy a proper Stirip pump for that sort of pressure, but a divers tank/bottle would be better/

Steve.
247sniper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Cottontail killer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:14 pm

247sniper wrote:Most air rifle run at 180+BAR!

My old Webly ran at 180 Bar and my Daystate AR ran at 240Bar. My mate has a Theoben Rapid, that operates at 230 Bar,

You wont get that sort of pressure from any bike pump. You can buy a proper Stirip pump for that sort of pressure, but a divers tank/bottle would be better/

Steve.

It's for a gas ram Steve not a pcp
I shoot more bullets than Topper Harley in hotshots part deux

Big Gun
Big Gun
Bigger Gun
Little Gun
Another Little Gun
Another Big Gun
2 More Little Guns
Another Little Gun
Cottontail killer
Hunter
Hunter

Postby 247sniper » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:44 pm

ooopppsssss :Facepalm: :lol:

My mistake guys.

Steve.
247sniper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby ayjaydubya » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi,
The serial# is TB4773. I bought an adapter but the threads were 1/8 bsp the thread on my pumps schraeder valve is 6mm, so it does'nt fit the theoben adapter. :?:
Thanks
ayjaydubya
ayjaydubya

Postby airtech » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:18 am

ayjaydubya wrote:Hi,
I have a theoben sirrocco deluxe .22 manufacture 1985 pre he, I would like to know what is required for me to pump it up. I have a mountain bike shock pump with 200psi/28bar would that do and would i also require a gas ram charging hose, the pump I have has a schraider valve.
Thanks in advance
ayjaydubya

the theoben gas strut is charged from 18 to 40 bar depending on what gun its fitted to and call ie .177 .22 etc you will have to see what power it makes from your pump if you over charge it you will need to be built like the hulk to cock it :grin:
airtech

Return to Airguns and FAC air