divine

light air rifle

Anything air rifle related

light air rifle

Postby Aya Adam » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:38 pm

I currently use a Theo evo in 22 cal, problem been shes a right heavy girl, im done just getting it the the slip let alone shooting it. Its walnut thumb hole stock looks lovely shoots like a dream but as said its just to much.
I'm after something that don't weigh as much and been thinking bsa ultra? I no the cocking system is s love hate thing but thoughts please!I do fancy an r10 but thing its gonna end up been heavy like the Theo
Any info or help please folks
Aya no 2
pedertti 410 folder
theoban 22 evo
Aya Adam
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Re: light air rifle

Postby hungryrob » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:00 am

I've had an Air Arm s200 before; twas a great wee gun. Apparently the 410 is just as light.
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby leadpig » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:57 am

the ultra is really light and now has the normal bolt action,the r10 is not as bad as you think,about the same as a aa s410,the bsa scorpian is suprisingly heavy :hmm:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Aya Adam » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:46 pm

leadpig wrote:the ultra is really light and now has the normal bolt action,the r10 is not as bad as you think,about the same as a aa s410,the bsa scorpian is suprisingly heavy :hmm:

Hmm r10 same as a 410 you say I need a trip to the shops! Just want something not as heavy as my theoben
Aya no 2
pedertti 410 folder
theoban 22 evo
Aya Adam
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby leadpig » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Aya Adam wrote:
leadpig wrote:the ultra is really light and now has the normal bolt action,the r10 is not as bad as you think,about the same as a aa s410,the bsa scorpian is suprisingly heavy :hmm:

Hmm r10 same as a 410 you say I need a trip to the shops! Just want something not as heavy as my theoben

i have had both bud,r10 is a beautiful gun and really acurate,the s410 was my first pcp and was blisteringly accurate,the ultra was my favourite,a 20cal tenched ultra would be my ideal airgun ;) :thup: :thup:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Air Arms S200 is good, the Ultra is also good, but I didn't like the low shot count.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Shootist wrote:Air Arms S200 is good, the Ultra is also good, but I didn't like the low shot count.

the new one has the scorpians fast strike valve and gives more shots,you should get 50 usable shots in 22 and 40 in i77,which for hunting should be enough

if you get them tenched reged,that will put it up to around 100 shots ;) :thup:

leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Phil9 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Get a DAYSTATE HUNTSMAN CLASSIC what a gun seriously very light and ridiculously accurate :grin: :) :thup:
Phil9
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby coley-bsa » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:16 pm

I own the ultra se 1st pcp and cant fault it, i carry it around without sling for 2 hours at a time. Its small as well so when im in cover it can be moved with ease not knocking and scaring quarry, around 30 shots is plenty for me as I only go out for 2 hours at a time, and the price is good too and if shot count only problem buy secondhand and get it reg'd best of both worlds
coley-bsa

Postby leadpig » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:03 pm

coley-bsa wrote:I own the ultra se 1st pcp and cant fault it, i carry it around without sling for 2 hours at a time. Its small as well so when im in cover it can be moved with ease not knocking and scaring quarry, around 30 shots is plenty for me as I only go out for 2 hours at a time, and the price is good too and if shot count only problem buy secondhand and get it reg'd best of both worlds

tench only charges £130 inc return post iirc to rebuild and mod your gun,around 100 shots per fill and no power curve :thup: :thup: 8-)
this will be my next sub 12fpe airgun :thup: ,unless a decent well priced hw100 turns up over here ;)

leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby gavinfdavies » Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 pm

http://airgunner.org/wp-content/uploads ... ockfox.gif

This is what you want....

.... if only the hysterical people hadn't banned all air cartridge weapons because it was technically possible to convert them to fire .22 rim-fire. Of course they never really considered that if you had the skills to convert an air pistol or rifle into a fire arm, that you could built a firearm anyway.

So in their great wisdom they made being a criminal illegal - again. And wondered why those pesky crooks STILL keep braking the law! In the mean time they did manage to make some of the most innovative and beautiful air pistols/rifle illegal. Shame.
gavinfdavies
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby leadpig » Fri May 03, 2013 10:52 pm

gavinfdavies wrote:http://airgunner.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/brocockfox.gif

This is what you want....

.... if only the hysterical people hadn't banned all air cartridge weapons because it was technically possible to convert them to fire .22 rim-fire. Of course they never really considered that if you had the skills to convert an air pistol or rifle into a fire arm, that you could built a firearm anyway.

So in their great wisdom they made being a criminal illegal - again. And wondered why those pesky crooks STILL keep braking the law! In the mean time they did manage to make some of the most innovative and beautiful air pistols/rifle illegal. Shame.

i doubt it,brocock was never used seriously appart from the wannabe brigade anyway,so why would he want that over a decent well known rifle :?

leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby gavinfdavies » Sat May 04, 2013 11:03 am

I ever got to try a Brocock, though I really wanted the Rhino (I think), being the magazine fed bolt action rifle. I just know the fox it the lightest thing about - I think the scope must weigh more!

Still, what's gone is gone....

In the mean time, I've got a BSA Lightning XL in .177 I'm looking at either massively upgrading or part-exing for some like a Theoben SLR98 or maybe an Evolution....

The XL is very light - want to do a deal?
gavinfdavies
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Return to Airguns and FAC air