divine

someone help me please

Anything air rifle related

someone help me please

Postby stevo1 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello everybody my names stevie im new to the forum and am after some friendly help with my aa s400 pre anti tamper. Whats happening is when I fill it to 190 or 180 even 160 bar the speed of the pellet coming out is dropping off the target massivly, however when it get to about 120 bar it goes back to higher normal power levels??? Is this due to weak hammer spring? Thanks guys for ablny help, Stevie
stevo1

Re: someone help me please

Postby plugg » Sun May 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Welcome Steve :)

I know bugger all about airguns except load it up and pull the trigger. :oops:

My advice, and it will probably be echoed in every subsequent post, is have a gunsmith inspect and test the air rifle for reasons of safety and legality :thup:
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby crazyfrog » Sun May 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Steve, You may or may not know that unless a air rifle is regulated (a regulator in inbetween the air tank and output hammer mechanism) it has what is called a sweet spot, there is a point within the amount of air in the tank that gives a consistent power output, you fill the rifle the power is low, you fire some pellets and the power rises to the sweet spot where the output is consistent for a period of time and then as the air pressure drops in the tank the power output drops. But this doesn't sound like the issue.

Where are you in the country so that someone can point you in the right direction to someone in the know...
Shotguns
Centre Fire
Rimfire
Air Rifles & Pistol

BASC Member
DSC1
NRA RCO, Fullbore, Smallbore, Gallery Rifle
crazyfrog
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Dean0 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:49 pm

Sounds like the regulator is faulty or not adjusted correctly. I second the advice to take it to a qualified gunsmith.
Aye, no bad for a sassenach !
Dean0
Pea shooter
Pea shooter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Beer Hunter » Wed May 29, 2013 10:01 pm

The rifle doesn't have a regulator, but it sounds like someone has been playing with the transfer port venturi.

What velocities are you getting at various pressures?

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Dean0 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:37 pm

:Facepalm: , I am showing my lack of knowledge. I do know about venturi screws, I just didn't know this rifle had one. Google will be my friend before I comment in future. :thup:
Aye, no bad for a sassenach !
Dean0
Pea shooter
Pea shooter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby tisme » Thu May 30, 2013 8:22 am

S400 is fairly easy to strip, so I would strip and clean first fitting new seals and springs as they are very cheep. A Ben Taylor Reg would be a big improvement if you can afford it.
There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.
Stephen Hawking
tisme
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby crazyfrog » Fri May 31, 2013 1:34 pm

tisme wrote:S400 is fairly easy to strip, so I would strip and clean first fitting new seals and springs as they are very cheep. A Ben Taylor Reg would be a big improvement if you can afford it.

:thup:
Shotguns
Centre Fire
Rimfire
Air Rifles & Pistol

BASC Member
DSC1
NRA RCO, Fullbore, Smallbore, Gallery Rifle
crazyfrog
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter