divine

Scottish airgun consultation

Anything air rifle related

Scottish airgun consultation

Postby shotgun sam » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

No doubt the minister for injustice will force His agenda through anyway.

Sam

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-23377650
mossberg 500
meteor mk2
ruger 12/22 stainless synthetic 22lr
cz 452 style 16 inch 22lr
tikka t3 lite stainless 223
308 howa 1500 varmint
CZ 455 22 Lr/17 Hmr
BSA Lightning XL (0.22)
Lanber Over and Under
Baikal mp153
AYA Cosmos 410
1917 BSA SMLE 303
shotgun sam
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Scottish airgun consultation

Postby URX » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:31 am

reading the article it clearly states overwhelming majority opposition, tiny minority in favour (anti numpties) and the quote from mcaskill the :turd: sumarrises as
we are going to do it anyway whatever you say or think because I know best.
....great example of democracy in action there ...such a great advert to trust the nationalist nutters :thdn:

the irony of him being titled 'justice secretary' shouldnt be missed
One gun retubed, one built and another being built by http://www.ukgunworks.co.uk
URX
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Beer Hunter » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:07 am

It is worth reading "Proposals for Licensing Air Weapons in Scotland: An Analysis of Consultation Responses"
It quite clearly outlines what a massive waste of time and money this has already been.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby crazyfrog » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Have a look at the link below that I posted on the site earlier, it says it all....

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27598
Shotguns
Centre Fire
Rimfire
Air Rifles & Pistol

BASC Member
DSC1
NRA RCO, Fullbore, Smallbore, Gallery Rifle
crazyfrog
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Davie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:36 pm

The SNP are anti gun control freaks they think they rule Scotland
Davie
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Coldfinger » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:59 pm

"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Fenrir » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:40 pm

Very valid points, but if you look at the end it is manifestly clear that the SNP have already decided what is going to happen and have no intention of resiling from their stated position on the matter irrespective of the logic and weight of the counter arguments. I seriously doubt if there is a majority in favour of this legislation, in fact I suspect the vast majority couldn't really care less one way or another but with their majority in Hollyrood the SNP are going to ram it through regardless of the weight of opinion brought to bear against it.
Last edited by Fenrir on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correcting a horrendous spelling error
For the avoidance of doubt, there is no such thing as "American English". There is the English language and there are mistakes.
Fenrir
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby URX » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:34 pm

sad but true

what a bunch of tossers
One gun retubed, one built and another being built by http://www.ukgunworks.co.uk
URX
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Fedaykin » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:It is worth reading "Proposals for Licensing Air Weapons in Scotland: An Analysis of Consultation Responses"
It quite clearly outlines what a massive waste of time and money this has already been.

Kev.

Annex 3 is hillarious! From the Opposition to licensing in principle side twenty two topics and seventy different points of opposition made, from the Support for stricter legislation side two topics and three points.

This is an exercise in the SNP imposing its hard Left wing ideology and an attempt to grab something from Westminster so they can feel like an independent country. It is petty but with Labour support inevitable.
WEIHRAUCH HW97K .22
BSA Lee Enfield No.4 MK1 .303
CSA Sa vz.58 .223
Fedaykin
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Fedaykin » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Unfortunately this undemocratic and utterly pointless legislation is going to be imposed on Scotland, with the SNP and Labour in collusin to bring it in there is no democratic chance of it being rejected in the Scottish parliament.

To anybody living in Scotland all I can say is this, if you want to really punish the SNP for bringing this legislation in, on the 18th of September 2014 make sure you vote NO to Scottish independence! Make sure the SNP suffer a humiliating crushing defeat in the independence referendum.
WEIHRAUCH HW97K .22
CSA Sa vz.58 .223
Fedaykin
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Beer Hunter » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Fedaykin wrote:To anybody living in Scotland all I can say is this, if you want to really punish the SNP for bringing this legislation in, on the 18th of September 2014 make sure you vote NO to Scottish independence! Make sure the SNP suffer a humiliating crushing defeat in the independence referendum.

Are you really saying that popgun legislation should take precedence over every other aspect of our lives and decide our vote on the future of the entire UK? :Facepalm:

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby bedwards1966 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:00 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:To anybody living in Scotland all I can say is this, if you want to really punish the SNP for bringing this legislation in, on the 18th of September 2014 make sure you vote NO to Scottish independence! Make sure the SNP suffer a humiliating crushing defeat in the independence referendum.

Are you really saying that popgun legislation should take precedence over every other aspect of our lives and decide our vote on the future of the entire UK? :Facepalm:

Kev.

Interesting point, but ignoring the major implications this will have on ALL shooting in the UK when it spreads (less people shooting making it even easier to increase costs and yet more legislation) you could question the sense of having anybody in power who will bring in such pointless laws, waste so much money and go against what the people want. If they do this with air guns, what else will they get badly wrong?
bedwards1966
Hunter
Hunter

Postby URX » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:27 pm

its indicative of what you will get if you vote to give them full control
expect a rash of expedient legislation to prove the yoke of UK membership has been cast off

pick your future carefully....do you really trust these idiots with examples like this
URX
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Fedaykin » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:

Kev.

Very much so!

Call me petty but I want to see Alex Salmond on the 19th of September 2014 say the words "The people of Scotland have spoken and they have decided to stay in the union, I shall respect that decision". I want to watch that on the BBC and drink a little drink of Scotch to that sweet revenge!

If they are going to force this absurd legislation on my fellow countryman then I want to see that humiliation!

Personally I am Anglo/French (Vive La France) when it comes to my heritage but if you sliced me in half you would find I am British to the core!
WEIHRAUCH HW97K .22
CSA Sa vz.58 .223
Fedaykin
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby jeff » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:45 am

Beer Hunter wrote:Are you really saying that popgun legislation should take precedence over every other aspect of our lives and decide our vote on the future of the entire UK? :Facepalm:

Kev.

No, but I'd be taking it as a very good indication of what they think of both the electorate's wishes and the democratic process before giving them another term or trusting them with Scotland's future.
Jeff

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
jeff
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Next

Return to Airguns and FAC air