divine

Webley Rebel tune up

Anything air rifle related

Webley Rebel tune up

Postby SlaKe23 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:17 pm

Hey !
First up i gotta tell i am not british , sry for any language mistakes! :grin:
I am interested in tuning my webley rebel up to 10 ft/lb because mine is restricted to somewhere about 5.5 ft/lb. :hmm:
So i would need to get 8 pumps out of it while mine is only like using 3-4 pumps anything above these 4 pumps is let out by a anti tamper screw or some kind of valve.
My question is now how to tune it up to the 10ft/lb. Just jam the valve or anti tamper screw so it cant let the pressure out anymore? :?
Can i do it myself and if yes , how?
I appreciate every kind of help and i hope you guys are willed to help me out!
THX :) :thup:
SlaKe23

Re: Webley Rebel tune up

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:29 pm

nice one :thup: :thup:
happy hunting ;) :roll:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:30 pm

SlaKe23 wrote:Hey !
First up i gotta tell i am not british , sry for any language mistakes! :grin:
I am interested in tuning my webley rebel up to 10 ft/lb because mine is restricted to somewhere about 5.5 ft/lb. :hmm:
So i would need to get 8 pumps out of it while mine is only like using 3-4 pumps anything above these 4 pumps is let out by a anti tamper screw or some kind of valve.
My question is now how to tune it up to the 10ft/lb. Just jam the valve or anti tamper screw so it cant let the pressure out anymore? :?
Can i do it myself and if yes , how?
I appreciate every kind of help and i hope you guys are willed to help me out!
THX :) :thup:

Firstly welcome to the forum :thup:

Secondly, there might be a very good reason your Rebel dumps pressure after 5.5ft/lbs through a pressure release valve and that is because in your country you might not be allowed more power without the relevant licensing. Also, the fact that your Rebel has an anti-tamper device suggests to me certainly that it shouldnt be tampered with.

Thirdly, it would be wrong of us to tell you how to ramp up the power in your Rebel. If something goes wrong and you are injured because of something we have told you then that makes us liable. In addition to the above, we might also be breaking the law in providing you with the knowledge to (potentially) break the law.

EDIT. I notice that you are in Germany.
The legal limit for an air rifle, without a permit in Germany is 6ft/lbs.
If you have a permit, take the gun to a qualified gunsmith who can make the necessary alterations.
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby SlaKe23 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Yeah i know i am not allowed to increase it without a licence but i thought u maybe tell me how to because i dont think any of u will be responsible just because u told me.
I can understand if u wont because its not allowed here but i thought i maybe find someone who does ;)
Or maybe wouldnt tell me here but with an e-mail or pm.
Whatever thank u anyways:)
SlaKe23

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:17 pm

SlaKe23 wrote:Yeah i know i am not allowed to increase it without a licence but i thought u maybe tell me how to because i dont think any of u will be responsible just because u told me.
I can understand if u wont because its not allowed here but i thought i maybe find someone who does ;)

as members of this forum we do not and never will condone or encourage anyone to break the law in the country in which they are based :!:
therefore you will not get any directions to assist you do so,either by PM or any other means :thup:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:48 pm

SlaKe23 wrote:Yeah i know i am not allowed to increase it without a licence but i thought u maybe tell me how to because i dont think any of u will be responsible just because u told me.

We would be responsible for giving you the knowledge to break the law, that is as good as one of us doing it for you.

I'm fairly conversant with firearms law of your country, I was stationed in Germany for a number of years with the British Army.

Anti tamper devices are there to prevent you doing anything to the rifle. You stated you wanted to tune your rifle to 10ft/lbs then state that you know you are not allowed to.

Why don't you get a permit and you can have the power at any level you want?
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Fenrir » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:50 pm

It isn't going to happen.

There will be no advice on how to circumvent or break the law.

Thread closed.
For the avoidance of doubt, there is no such thing as "American English". There is the English language and there are mistakes.
Fenrir
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Airguns and FAC air